Tiny Trainz

I don't know the exact numbers, but TinyTrainz is not a "content collection game" like Trainz is.
Sure, but 10 is still a very small amount by any standards.
When you factor in that the user will probably only use their region's loco regularly, it limits the game very much.

It just feels like you're missing an opportunity here.
For just 10 trains, it would have to be pretty cheap to buy, but I'm guessing that it's not going to be.

I'm sure your bosses know what they're doing. :)

Smiley.

Sure, but 10 is still a very small amount by any standards.
When you factor in that the user will probably only use their region's loco regularly, it limits the game very much.

It just feels like you're missing an opportunity here.
For just 10 trains, it would have to be pretty cheap to buy, but I'm guessing that it's not going to be.

I'm sure your bosses know what they're doing. :)

Smiley.

Hi Smiley....

Really is difficult to determine if 10 or more or less is relevant to Tiny Trainz.

I am sure the N3V bosses have deliberated for months to determine the exact quantity to be included.<<<< humor intended.

Also, I am not sure that the younger user is really concerned with Regional Trainz. For a 5 year old, a choo-choo is a choo-choo is a choo-choo.

It will be interesting to see if Tiny Trainz will have a new Forum Tab.

I can see the posts from 4~6 year olds. The fun will be seeing this age group, all having MBA degrees in Business, posting about N3V, the Future of Tiny Trainz and the Tiny Trainz Life Cycle Policy. Similar to what we now see posted, but from a less mature audience.

I wish N3V well with Tiny Trainz..... as it may be the real Future of Trainz.

Have fun,:)

My daughter is interested in both this and the Wii game; so I'll probably end up with both. Although she has just turned 4, she already has her favorite engines. It will be fun to see if we can hack them into the game :)

So how many engines in Thomas the Tank Engine and are they regional? Just a question. I've no nothing about Thomas, nor the railroading interests of a five year old.

I have a great memory of childhood, and I remember watching Thomas alright. The locos are simply fictional liverires for real ones and as a bonus, they come with a face...:p

As for region... the whole show is set on a fictional British island. And, the only railways interest a 5 year old has is of steam powered tank engines, and anything Thomas. The only reason why they go to heritage railways is because they expect to see Thomas...:hehe:

Are Trainz downloads going to be compataple for Tiny Trainz (My First Trainz) too?
I'd say that's a definite no!
Otherwise, my question about there only being 10 locos would have been answered with "add as many as you like".

I doubt it will be possible to create new content for it either.

Smiley.

I personally would purchase it. It seems to be such a creative idea, I think it would be so wonderful if they included that lovey Lionel track made by mcguirel. Although, I assume not. It reminds me of a game called "Grooverider Thunder"; a neat little slot car racing game set in a real life world with large everyday items such as Tiny Trainz. I love the Trainz theme, and I think I might have to try to relive that young memory of playing that game. ;)

Cheers,

Joshua

Last edited:
I've mainly done Mods and the repair of members maps for Sid Meier's Railroads, but while doing a search for something else I came across Tiny Trainz and ended up reading this thread.

A couple of things here. A lot of people mention that Auran should quit wasting their time on new and useless things like this and work on repairing existing Trainz. Something all of you may have forgotten is that they have to pay those people. To do this they need to sell stuff. Now, if you want to PAY for the patches and repairs, I'm sure they would put more time into it. Of course you should not have to pay for them, and they do not expect you to. So, they have to sell something else if it is only to keep the lights on so they can see what they are doing.

As I said, I do repairs on forum members maps for SMR, and have been doing so for 3 years now. Even these can be a pain. Read thru lines of XML script, examine NIF files for errors, figure I may have the answer, try to run the map, CTD before it even starts, and go back and do it again. I cannot imagine what this must be like running thru the code for any of the Trainz versions. And a repair to one thing could cause an error in another. And you still have another seven hours to go today.

I own Trainz and Trainz 2006. Do I like them? Yes, they are OK. Do I play them? No. I've downloaded layouts for them only to find that I have to pay out money to buy certain things to play the layouts. Yes, there are probably some out there that do not require me to pay for stuff, but most of the time you do not find this out until you open it.

As to SMR, no, I don't play the maps for that either. I prefer to repair maps and to create new stuff for the game, stuff for others to put into their maps.

Getting back to Tiny Trainz, yes I think they should produce it. Would I buy it? No, it's not for me. But then I think the Halo series is a waste of time also. Why? Cause it's to fast for me and I'm not into that. But that does not mean they should stop making it. Should they spend time trying to repair the bugs in the Trainz series? No, it's not for me. I'd rather they but the rights to SMR and repair the bugs in that, but that's only my opinion.

Looking at the screen shots of Tiny Trainz, I really don't think they spent much time on it. Heck, I've seen teen aged beginners in Unreal Tournament 2004 do rooms that look like those. I've done maps for UT2K4 that were more detailed. It could not have taken the whole staff years to do. One or two employees could have done it in their spare time.

Let the young children have a game and you get back to your game.:)

I'll probably get slapped down for this,:'( but hey, it's nothing new to me.

P.S., In one of the first few post someone noted a spelling mistake, coach instead on couch. I'm from the good ol' USA but I still know that in the land down under, a car is called a coach.

Something all of you may have forgotten is that they have to pay those people.

Some may have forgotten, not all!

P.S., In one of the first few post someone noted a spelling mistake, coach instead on couch. I'm from the good ol' USA but I still know that in the land down under, a car is called a coach.

Wrong again. People down under call those things carriages!

There are others, but I'll let it go at that, being a first time poster and all.

Looking at the screen shots of Tiny Trainz, I really don't think they spent much time on it.

Thanks for your comments, snoopy55. In strictest terms we oughtn't discuss other awesome games such as 'Railroads here, but I have to admit I did have an affair with that one. :hehe:

Having spent as much time as I thought I responsibly could on the environment assets for Tiny Trainz, I can confidently say that I'd be surprised if a buyer wasn't happy with the level of detail for the money.

I actually thought the dev team overall put more effort into it than they needed to considering the intended scope, and I am glad we did because it's a quality release.

It turned out easy enough to use that very young children grasp it quickly, and older ones so inclined spend a long time experimenting with the finer points.

All good preparation for expressing themselves in the wider world of Trainz.

:p

~R~

it's a way to get kids in to sims start em em off with a model train set simulator and the bring them o0n to trainz 2010:ee of course thats just how i see it of course it could just flop.

G'day... :confused:

Auran, how about working on TS2009 SP4, TS2010 and the Download Station instead of churning out games like 'Tiny Trainz' :n:

Cheers... :(

Jake.

Last edited:
rastis

It is a reality of business life that goods have to be sold to pay wages and costs. Tiny Trainz brings in money, service packs don't.

Peter

HALPMEALREDY! MY FIRST TRAINZ SET

My First TRAINZ Set.
I was wondering if it was possible to replace one of the engines in the game with an engine from the download station, SI3D, or from elsewhere in Trainz. I really hope that I can have a bachmann(SI3D) thomas running in this simulated room. PLZ HLP ME!:) (Once again copying and pasting the same message in different threads, but this is really important to me. I want for my sister to run thomas and percy instead of two of the diesels, and I understand if the picture cannot be changed, or if the rest of the consist cannot be changed.

(Once again copying and pasting the same message in different threads, but this is really important to me.

I hope you've read the Forum Code of Conduct? Copying and pasting in multiple threads is called "Cross Posting" and it's a BIG no-no. It's against the rules of every forum I've ever been associated with and it's the worst way of abusing a Bulletin Board. Please post once only or ask a different question in another forum.

Thanks.

Back