Time for Trainz...

biblenet

I love my wife, I love my kids, I love my dogs, and I love my TRAINZ.

My wife has told me it's either TRAINZ or me... GOD I'm GOING TO MISS HER!

Last edited:
Solved that problem in this house. Nag nag nag is that all you think about Trainz this Trainz that. Bought her a laptop for Christmas, haven't seen her since............BLISS.:hehe: :hehe:

Trainz

Hmmm...sounds very familiar...I can associate with you predicament. The program is highly addictive. Like video games, this simulator can (totally) consume you, and it will ! If someone else (who is unattached) can offer to assist you in building a route, ask them to help out with your project. Thereby you will have more time for your family...and will enjoy the end product when the other person uploads it to DLS, or uploads it dirrectly to you. Or this external person could do all the research and map making for you...and you could eliminate all the reaserch and developement. What project are you working on, by the way ?
You could also get her interested in participating in your hobby...Hmmm...I can see that happening

Last edited:
:wave: Did the same here an brought the MR's a Laptop.
The first week was a pain and had to show her the way round ( Vista ) but now the head phones go on ( oh the bliss )

Kids well all over 10 and they have thier own comps to play with :D So my comp is for TRS only and me

so after the Meals are Cooked the house work is done ( in double time ) TRS RULE'S :hehe:

So you bought your wife a laptop... showed her how to play trainz... and that worked?

Brian

Last edited:
Girl friends would never understand. I would suggest going to the nearest rail yard... If you see a young chic marry her. She is working for the railroad for a reason and it's not "oh I just found this job".

Solved that problem in this house. Nag nag nag is that all you think about Trainz this Trainz that. Bought her a laptop for Christmas, haven't seen her since............BLISS.:hehe: :hehe:

yeah... that wouldn't work in my house. You got the nag nag nag down though!

Last edited:
yeah... that wouldn't work in my house. You got the nag nag nag down though!

I should probably pull out the Kay Jewelers Credit Card and get more diamonds.... maybe that will pull me out of the rough!:clap:

If you spent the money on diamonds what would you have left for trainz:confused:

BibbleNet...
Why don't you show ya misses who wears the pant's in your household. Just say to her: 'which would you prefer dear'?
'Me going out on the town every nite with my single mates till late, or me staying at home and Trainzing nightly"????
Just say; "you decide dear"... (worked for me). :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Warning though; This approach can backfire and you could be put on bread & water for the next week or two. You might also need to stock up on asprins, as more headaches might be on the cards...:confused:
Cheers, Mac...

(PS: My appologies if this offends any female Trainzers. Just trying to lighten up the forum as there's been to much negative stuff lately)...

Last edited:
(PS: My appologies if this offends any female Trainzers. Just trying to lighten up the forum as there been to much negative stuff lately)...

after working as an industrial welder in the northern parts of Alaska, repairing rigs in southern Louisiana, and working in a primarily male workforce most of my career theres very little that offends me :)

-erin

Get a Wii. Buy Guitar Hero. Install all. Get her into the music. Masked by the sound of booming bass and hard metal twang, quietly slip out and........go play Trainz.
I bought my wife her own 'puter....that works most of the time. Then.............she discovered Wii!
Bowling!
Tennis!
Boxing!
Baseball!
This gal is in her mid fifties, and thanks to Wii, is in better shape than she's been in years. (Well, that girlish leaness is long gone, but she's still got a mean right cross and counter punches well.....).
Got her (the house, actually) Guitar Hero for Xmas.
This lady still Rocks!!!!!
She holds her own against my son (a mid-twenty rocker since teens). And their duets are a sight to see!!! These tired old eyes haven't seen such living room antics since she....... well, never mind that,........but it's been a long time.........
Mii!...........no Wii.........mii Trainz.......in quiet solitude.
Regards,
Steamboat

Last edited:
Get a Wii. Buy Guitar Hero. Install all. Get her into the music. Masked by the sound of booming bass and hard metal twang, quietly slip out and........go play Trainz.
I bought my wife her own 'puter....that works most of the time. Then.............she discovered Wii!
Bowling!
Tennis!
Boxing!
Baseball!

Yea i tell anyone here thinking about buying one, GET IT, it is the best thing and extremely addictive.

BibbleNet...
Why don't you show ya misses who wears the pant's in your household. Just say to her: 'which would you prefer dear'?
'Me going out on the town every nite with my single mates till late, or me staying at home and Trainzing nightly"????
Just say; "you decide dear"... (worked for me). :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Warning though; This approach can backfire and you could be put on bread & water for the next week or two. You might also need to stock up on asprins, as more headaches might be on the cards...:confused:
Cheers, Mac...

(PS: My appologies if this offends any female Trainzers. Just trying to lighten up the forum as there's been to much negative stuff lately)...

Yeah... this would be gas on a fire.... or should I say more coal for steam?
I could never say... "you decide dear..." that would be divorcing words.

my little tiff with the misses was about me being upstairs in my off hours. i just told her "your the one who told me to put the computer upstairs", once i said that and spent an extra hour a day just hanging out, they get annoyed and send you to your room. i thought about moving the computer downstairs too =)

My wife and I have had our disagreements about the computer, so I got a XBOX360 for the family for Christmas.

Problem solved!

Lorin:hehe::wave:

Back