Thomas Mstnoodle Problems

You will find in most cases the content worked fine in the version of Trainz the content was created for originally. Also, as captainkman said, please avoid meaningless/repeated posts.

Shane

Jonas05;bt3810 said:
​Why did the Trainz Communtity Even make the faulty stuff? It should be download it and it works.
The long answer is that especially before TRS2006 when Content Manager Plus came out, the standards for Trainz content were quite loose. TRS2006 and CMP helped fix some of this up by reporting errors in content as well as missing dependencies.

As time went on, Auran (to later become N3V as it is now) gradually tightened standards. On top of this, some tags were obsoleted by others and more tags were included and eventually made compulsory (an example of this being some new tags for enginesounds in TS12 SP1 that are compulsory).

The Native Mode of TRS2009 and TS2010 (and the Compatibility Mode feature being taken away in TS12) forced people to fix faulty content in order to get it to work, which is no difficulty once you know what to look out for and how to read and respond to each individual error, much in the way I do. :)

So in short, it is the constant progression of Trainz that has lead to faulty content.

There is currently a DLS Cleanup process that aims to fix all faulty content to TS2009+ specifications and allow it to be error-free. With the hundreds of thousands of DLS assets, it may take quite a while to complete.

I hope this answers your question.

Kieran.

Last edited:
YAY!!!!!!!! I GOT SOME TRAINZ TRAINS TO WORK Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone has the screenshot error just go to config and delete the part if coal same process as the screenshot ANYWAY HOOOOOOOORAAAAYY FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got Gordon's 2010 dependencies to work stepney's bogey baked Trevor 2012 Matthew baked George the steamroller his bogeys 2006 Henry Gordon James bogey Percy Edwards bogeys and a LOT of (#1TFM) models like skarloey Rheneas some textures and much more. :)

Hello, Do you know that most TS12 users dont have the 2006 thomas working? Well, I solved that problem. If anyone needs help just pm me ASAP!

CaptainKman, The Progressive Meshes are no longer supported by Trainz unfortunatley. if you make new mods be sure to give them im meshes so they'll work properly. Very sorry for this disruptance.

Hey CaptainKman,
I need help. The error ''The *texture resource is missing for........... . ...".
Can you add that to the list?

Do you know how to use PEV's Images2TGA tool? If not, I would suggest you read the sticky thread to do with errors and how to fix them in the TS2010 forum (unless you are using a Mac, which would be a different method required).

Shane

Shane,
TrainzKuidIndex was being stubborn, how do you use it if I'm not using it correctly, can you help me?

Back