This Just In: UP attacks Veterans...

Hi All: I have to agree with pretty much you have said..What do you think is going thru the Engineers mind That Hit Them..He'll never be the same..How do you think all those familymembers feel that this happened to..What a Tradgedy..:'(

Hi All: I have to agree with pretty much you have said..What do you think is going thru the Engineers mind That Hit Them..He'll never be the same..How do you think all those familymembers feel that this happened to..What a Tradgedy..:'(

I feel the same way, Bob. The train crew will never, ever be able to escape this no matter how hard they try. All the support in the world won't heal this, and just when things seem to leave their minds, they'll be called into court all over again to testify about it.

Like I said all the speculation we do here doesn't do much, and the NTSB will have the final say in the outcome of this accident.

John

Does anyone else find it odd that when Egypt suffers a fatal train/vehicle accident their Transportation Minister resigns in disgrace, yet Ray Lahood wouldn't dream of it!

There was NO problem with the warning systems or the gates. I think as people that are all involved in the railroad industry either as aficionados or employees, we have a special responsibility to report the FACTS in any tragedy that involves the railroad industry.

Here are just two of DOZENS of articles that indicate the crossing signals and gates were working as designed. The float driver entered the crossing AFTER the warning signals were activated, and his truck was hit by the crossing gates. BY LAW, once the warning signals activate you are NOT TO ENTER the crossing, REGARDLESS of what the gates are doing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/1...-before-parade-float-crossed-tracks-in-texas/
http://www.officer.com/news/10832162/questions-raised-in-texas-railroad-crossing-crash

Here here!

1. lights and bells activate
2. truck enters crossing
3. train hits truck

Case closed.

Gate state and operation are irrelevant.

Thanks for the link, the comments attached contained some interesting posts regarding railroads, parades and restricted speed orders.

Back