TheRock horns faulty

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
I tired to download therocks horns on the DLS and they are faulty. Stating that the category horn sound is obsolete.

Easy fix, go in and delete the line that i place the the marks by that says is obsolete in the config and commit and it will fix the issue.

two-part 1
trainz-build 3.7
kind "hornsound"
category-class "ZH"
category-region "US"
category-era "1960s;1970s;1980s;1990s;2000s"
asset-filename********* "horn" **********************************
author "Ryan Rasmussen [Therock]"
organisation "JointedRail"
contact-email "sales@jointedrail.com"
contact-website "www.jointedrail.com"
license "No modifications to be distribut

Here's the issue with that though...there's around 25 or so horns that are faulty, and doing that would take a while. Maybe Ryan can give us some input on this when he gets the chance.

Here's the issue with that though...there's around 25 or so horns that are faulty, and doing that would take a while. Maybe Ryan can give us some input on this when he gets the chance.
I just find it interesting- I updated all the horns so I could throw them on the DLS so there wouldn't be as much "I'm missing this because X wasn't packed with a CDP on the jointedrails." So I went through and bumped all the kuid2's and builds to what they are now, re-imported them all into TANE, and checked for any red flags. No errors shown. BUT evidently there are more inconsistencies between TS12 and TANE as far as the faulty asset threshold than I had imagined. If what nssd60e said to do actually works and the horns work no problem with that line omitted somebody let me know and I'll nuke it from the 84 or so horns and re-upload. I can't imagine why only a couple dozen would be faulty and the others not, considering they're all structured the same way iirc.

If what nssd60e said to do actually works and the horns work no problem with that line omitted somebody let me know and I'll nuke it from the 84 or so horns and re-upload.
Most of them are affected by this problem in TS12, and they all are OK when that line is removed. I have no idea why that tag should be invalid in TS12 but apparently acceptable in T:ANE.

I just find it interesting- I updated all the horns so I could throw them on the DLS so there wouldn't be as much "I'm missing this because X wasn't packed with a CDP on the jointedrails." So I went through and bumped all the kuid2's and builds to what they are now, re-imported them all into TANE, and checked for any red flags. No errors shown. BUT evidently there are more inconsistencies between TS12 and TANE as far as the faulty asset threshold than I had imagined. If what nssd60e said to do actually works and the horns work no problem with that line omitted somebody let me know and I'll nuke it from the 84 or so horns and re-upload. I can't imagine why only a couple dozen would be faulty and the others not, considering they're all structured the same way iirc.

I had no issues with T:ANE so it's something with TS12, and why only 25? Sigh...

If you are going to "update" the assets, I recommend Search and Replace Master to do the job since you are only removing a single line of text.

You can download it here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Search-and-Replace-Master.shtml

Simply setup the path to your editing folder (whatever version of Trainz you're working with), check subfolders and change the file type to config.txt.

Go to the next tab put in the line you want to remove.

Hit the Execute button.

This will nuke that line from all 84 assets in the blink of an eye.

John

Back