The Most heaviest Load

ish6

Since 2001
Hi Community,

What's the most heaviest load a flatbed or other rolling stock can handle?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Ish

Hello ishie, there is an iron ladle on the DLS, a hot molten steel 250 ton in weight, drum thingy, on bogeys (sorry, trucks)......:hehe: go search Kuid 75810 by TRAMP in rolling stock.

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

ish --

It's determined by axle load.

Here in Australia, the maximum axle load is about 25 tons. Hence a four axle freight car's maximum all up weight is about 100 tons.

On US Class 1 railroads the maximum axle load is more.

And, of course, more axles = greater maximum weight.

Phil

A while ago I put a (ficticious) multi-bogey depressed center flat on the DLS with sixteen 6-wheel buckeye trucks so 16 X 3 axles X 25 tons = 1200 tons. Its not real but it big (ridiculously big), lol.

Rail weight gets involved too. Running 160 pound rail as opposed to 80 pound rail allows axle loading to be increased.

Ben

Appreciate all the insights and comment on this subject!!:wave:

I've also found this: Flatcar 6 Axle Depressed Center Empty at the DLS!

Ish:)

Actually I've made a number of high capacity flat cars from four 4-wheel bogey ones to the monstrosity mentioned above (ones in between too). These must be assembled in Surveyor. Do a search for Hicapyflat if your interested.

Ben

Hi Community,

What's the most heaviest load a flatbed or other rolling stock can handle?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Ish

Hello

How about Excavators and Excavators Buckets.

Regards

Ahsan:)
NAT Team

Electrical transformers have to be right up close to the top as well. Not all are as small as the one on the utility pole behind you house.

One piece castings get big too.

Ben

Hello

How about Excavators and Excavators Buckets.

Regards

Ahsan:)
NAT Team

Hi Ahsan,

Phil showed us the rolling stock that can carry such vehicles, etc --check out the interesting load thread!!

Thanks again
Ishie:p

Electrical transformers have to be right up close to the top as well. Not all are as small as the one on the utility pole behind you house.

One piece castings get big too.

Ben

Hi Ben,

More less like which one's?
Got a picture anywhere?:hehe:

THANKS
Ishie

Here...

pict0877kc5.jpg

A transformer on a well wagon behind some BNSF Dash-9's in Kansas City by Union Station.

WileeCoyote:D

Hi Ahsan,

Phil showed us the rolling stock that can carry such vehicles, etc --check out the interesting load thread!!

Thanks again
Ishie:p

Hello Ish6

Post the link to the loadlng thread.

Regards

Ahsan:wave:
NAT Team

A while ago I put a (ficticious) multi-bogey depressed center flat on the DLS with sixteen 6-wheel buckeye trucks so 16 X 3 axles X 25 tons = 1200 tons. Its not real but it big (ridiculously big), lol.

Rail weight gets involved too. Running 160 pound rail as opposed to 80 pound rail allows axle loading to be increased.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Please provide the kuids number --- Looks like your bogey is needed! LOL

Thanks
Ish

Kuid number for what?

A DLS search for hi-capy or hi-capy flat should turn up all the ones I made. All use std bogies available on the DLS (just a heck of a lot of them, lol).

Ben

Hey Ben, would it be possible to separate the Hi-Capacity loads from their default rail-car base so that they can be carried by other flat cars? And could you make them available?

Thanks,
John

Kuid number for what?

A DLS search for hi-capy or hi-capy flat should turn up all the ones I made. All use std bogies available on the DLS (just a heck of a lot of them, lol).

Ben

Hi Ben,

I missed understood -- I thought that you made a bogey with many wheels, etc .. However, I just DLS your 41 piece long car -- it will look perfect on Marsz!

Thank you :wave:
Ishie

Back