The Most Beautiful Loco in Trainz?

if you asked me id say theyre both magnificent specimens of the ancient steam juggernauts, that once graced our rails in such abundance, with flair and dignity.

but you didnt ask did you ...dang

More Spanish beauties:

palau.jpg

130.jpg

mikado-_.jpg

For those interested, they are available at: http://www.trensim.com/lib/pafiledb.php?lib=trainz&action=category&id=1

"Beautiful" could mean pretty,or it could be interpreted as "realistic". I vote for Terry's 4-4-0 General as the best looking (realistic)steam loco in Trainz. The other engines featured so far are excellent,I just think Mr. Bryson's efforts are outstanding! Joe S.

I can see this thread going on for a loooong long time lol, and why not itll be great to see who likes what, every opinion counts after all. and the pics are a great resource for those of us looking for nice additions to our "fleets"

Now the most beautiful locomotive in traiz in my opinion is easily Robs magnificent 9F 2-10-0.

fsscr075.jpg

:cool::cool:

thanks lner

Pah! They couldn't even clean it before letting it out of the shops. At least the people who look after the RENFE Confederation give it a wipe down before letting it out.

And look at all that space under the boiler, it's well, it's indecent that's what it is. What about the little wheels, anyone would think that trying to get 90 mph out of that on the front of passenger train has got another thing coming.

Oh, what was that, a 9F was recorded doing 90mph on a passenger train. Well, OK then, it isn't half bad, but it could still do with a clean ;) . Doesn't sound half bad though.

:cool::cool::cool:

Cheers
Tony

PS Good to see the thread still going, if at least to show off some beautiful locos!

---
And look at all that space under the boiler, it's well, it's indecent that's what it is. What about the little wheels, anyone would think that trying to get 90 mph out of that on the front of passenger train has got another thing coming.
---

Well to be fair if you think about it in terms of physics these are it's plus points - the small wheels allow the engine to apply a large force against the rails, and because they're small you can fit in more of them, thus increasing the amount of engine in contact with the rail. The result is the ability to pull some seriously long trains with a single engine instead of two.

I'm told though that they were quite rough riding when you reach 50-60mph, so I shudder to think what it was like for the driver at 90mph ... mind you he probably didn't care because of the awesome experience it would have been! :D

Raildumper - thanks for sharing those Spanish locomotives - I've just gone to download them now. They're really smart :)

BidMod.

The BR 9F 2-10-0 has the looks. Great fantastic engine. It seems quality is visible everywhere here. Where can one get such a model?

The RENFE class is nicely done, especially the smoke which is outstanding.

My personal favourite locomotive would be PKP Ol49 class, done some time ago by SLW (Martin76). As most of the stock done by SLW it contains awesome detail, lots of animated elements, full operating interior and many many more additions. Great locoomotives I tell you.

6.jpg

This picture was caught on my "Red Mountain Junction" city layout some time ago.

I agree, Marcin's work is really outstanding and reasonably priced.

We can't forget payware on this thread just for being that, payware.

Another sample of Marcin's beauties... even rusty ones...

TY 42:

ty42.jpg

DB 38:

db38.jpg

Give them a chance. ;)

You are welcome, Marcin. :hehe:

Alberte :wave:

P.S.-

The BR 9F 2-10-0 has the looks. Great fantastic engine. It seems quality is visible everywhere here. Where can one get such a model?

Easily, ;) at the DS --> http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php?SearchCriteria=101839:&textsearchID=1

All our credits and congratulations to Rob 'LieLestoSbrat'.

Last edited:
And not less outstanding and monstrous... The Huge Big Boy by TrainzIT Pro...

hugeboy.jpg

A cute beasty boy! :hehe: 'The larger the better' concept! :)p or was it "the longer the better"? :D ) :hehe:

Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
The subject seems to have been glossed-over...This is my smoke texture, is it not? If so, and since I don't recall anyone asking to convert it, has proper credit been given in the readme files?

screen040gt0.jpg

smokemain.jpg

My choice in the category of steam locomotives

Renfe242f.jpg

Autor; Carles Romero siendo traspasada al simulador Trainz por cuenta de Javier Fernández López. Disponible en
www.trensim.com

lurrun_029.jpg

Disponible en la web de Trainz.ru Autor ; Vadim sandaraev aka German.

lurrun_055.jpg

Disponible en la web Lesto route works y en la DLS. Autor; Rob hill; LieLestoSbrat

The subject seems to have been glossed-over...This is my smoke texture, is it not? If so, and since I don't recall anyone asking to convert it, has proper credit been given in the readme files?

Your smoke?:eek:

The smoke is from a Carlos Abadias photo. Of course I use it with his permission!

This is the texture I used, as tga file, for Conferacion smoke:

humoCONFEDERADA.jpg

As you can see it is the SAME texture, with some Photoshop work.

Confe_steam.jpg

:(

Javier.-

I think this is an excellent thread if only because it makes me aware of what ELSE I would love to have in my collection, (which is pretty small at the moment!)

Just the nature of this thread will "produce" or make others aware of the excellent quality engines out there!

Terry

In my opinion, it looks better than your smoke texture. Just my opinion.

Back