The Gaurc Sites are now back

caddylars

Alphadog
Gaurc Main Site.

Gaurc Forum

Is where we meet. You will have to register to join us, but its free and no risk taken.
I have to inform that for securityreasons we don't accept Gmail accounts in the registration.
We are a few trustful members there now, but we allways have room for more. Ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Here you will find downloadlinks for a few of my Routes such as Ida Yard, Ida Terminals and The Santa Maria Valley Route.
This is also the Home of the
Car Movement & Traffic Management System by Dap.

From now on we Proudly host
UltraScenery

Gaurc's Dem Terrainz

Paul Haglunds magnificent collection of Dem terrainz.
These files are to large to be put on DLS.
A few years back Paul (Fishlipsatwork) Gave us permission to host these files. All the files are tested and works great in all versions. Just remember to download the HOG files as well.

Caddylars Subdivision

My Personal Trainz blog.
This is where i post updates regarding my projects and Release announcements.

Last edited:
i am downloading terrainz but after few mins of download speed drops to just 22 bytes
i tried other file same issue first downloading fine but after few mins speed drops o just few bytes
.i am sure there is some problem here

So, as far as I can tell from looking at the GAURC forum, McGuireL is still working on content. That's good to hear. I'll have to keep check on the GAURC forums to see what's going on in that department. :)

What do you think "Don't mean to NECROPOST" means?

I saw the date, however being from January of THIS YEAR I thought someone might know what happened to the site.

I've never heard of that term before. The likely thing is that the site has been closed - see if you can find anything about it using Google.

Shane

You know what's REALLY frustrating? Downloading a route that someone started a few years ago and used content from a site that has closed or the content cannot be found and shows up as unknown in CMP. I guess you could try to hunt down the creator by pasting only the first set of kuid numbers into DLS or Google and asking him what the content was. Or, ask the creator of the route.

I'm predicting big things on this forum for the term 'necropost'. This was the first time I'd read it, and immediately knew what you meant. It also gave me a mini-LOL.

A great pity Gaurc was crippled, but it does underline the danger of content hosted only on 3rd-party websites. The DLS has its share of problems but at least it's always there.

I'm predicting big things on this forum for the term 'necropost'. This was the first time I'd read it, and immediately knew what you meant. It also gave me a mini-LOL.

A great pity Gaurc was crippled, but it does underline the danger of content hosted only on 3rd-party websites. The DLS has its share of problems but at least it's always there.

The term has been floating around for awhile...though not many use it. That said, you are absolutely right about third-party sites.

So wast we are saying is that the site is down, and is that the reason when I click on any of the links I get a FORBIDDEN notice?

John

The site appears to have been set so no one has permission to view it. That's something that can be set in the server's configuration. It may or may not have been deleted.

The webmaster has also stated that it is closed for good.

if you all want i can put up a route that was on his site onto the DLS. i was already given permision to do so. i was just hoping to get a little more time with making sure it was MP ready with new rolling stock and add some needed industries as well. -inprr

Back