The Baltimore & Ohio Camelback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra1996

Imagination At Work
If some of you guys remember, there was a Baltimore & Ohio Camelback made by Worksim a while back, but then his sites got shut down. When I saw some screenshots of this particular locomotive, I thought: "I gotta find that." So I scoured for some time and nothing came up except for the small Camelbacks on Jointed Rail and K&L Trainz respectively. I finally found a thread citing that the site that hosted this content had been shut down and Worksim had removed all traces of him being on Trainz. That was unfortunate news for me, cause if I'd known about this big Camelback, I'd have gotten a hold of it immediately. A guy who requested his name be anonymous gave me a kuid number of kuid2:103021:100621:1, but it turned up as unknown when I searched it up on the DLC.

So if anyone is willing to give me the Worksim B&O Camelback, I would greatly appreciate it.

If some of you guys remember, there was a Baltimore & Ohio Camelback made by Worksim a while back, but then his sites got shut down. When I saw some screenshots of this particular locomotive, I thought: "I gotta find that." So I scoured for some time and nothing came up except for the small Camelbacks on Jointed Rail and K&L Trainz respectively. I finally found a thread citing that the site that hosted this content had been shut down and Worksim had removed all traces of him being on Trainz. That was unfortunate news for me, cause if I'd known about this big Camelback, I'd have gotten a hold of it immediately. A guy who requested his name be anonymous gave me a kuid number of kuid2:103021:100621:1, but it turned up as unknown when I searched it up on the DLC.

So if anyone is willing to give me the Worksim B&O Camelback, I would greatly appreciate it.

What you're asking violates Code of Conduct #9:
Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.

lmao no it doesnt dude is just asking for content that was released at one point but cant be found anymore. you make it sound like they want a free copy of trainz

What you're asking violates Code of Conduct #9:
Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.
And you misunderstood my request completely. The Camelback was a MOD. I never once said that I wanted what you said above, you just assume it was about getting an unauthorized unofficial copy, which I had NO INTENTION of doing from the beginning.

lmao no it doesnt dude is just asking for content that was released at one point but cant be found anymore. you make it sound like they want a free copy of trainz
You're pretty much spot on, Chris.

unfortunately i dont think the camelback was ever *properly* released, i think it was a beta model or something. very unlikely that anyone can send it to you, they'd need worksim's permission at the least

That would be easier said than done. I found his current YouTube channel, but have never been able to touch base with him.

Cobra1996,

I found a listing for a 2-8-0 B&O Camelback on the Trainz Kuid Index. You might go there and see if that is what you are looking for.

Bob Morrison

That is indeed the engine I'm looking for, but the site it takes me to is one of Worksim's sites that he closed down some time ago.

EDIT: Actually, I just saw that I could go directly to the Mediafire link provided. Thanks for that, Robertbc6.

Last edited:
Cobra1996,

I found a listing for a 2-8-0 B&O Camelback on the Trainz Kuid Index. You might go there and see if that is what you are looking for.

Bob Morrison

G'day Bob,

How did you search for it? I've tried all the possible combinations of either Kuid or keywords I can think of and nothing turns up for me for a B&O Camelback.

Cheers,
Piere.

G'day Bob,

How did you search for it? I've tried all the possible combinations of either Kuid or keywords I can think of and nothing turns up for me for a B&O Camelback.

Cheers,
Piere.
It took me a minute too until I searched for keywords the word camelback and clicked on "Assets" afterwards.

It took me a minute too until I searched for keywords the word camelback and clicked on "Assets" afterwards.

Wow, that's a really nice looking model. Thanks very much for the help in finding it.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Unfortunately though, in TRS22, it is afflicted by the same issue as a couple of Greencoast Studios locos that I also have in that there is some issue with a script somewhere which means the enging just dumps steam out of every orifice, all the time, which makes it basically unuseable (I find the permanent steam cloud to be too visually annoying). :(
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

This is a real shame as it spoils some very nice locos (like this one now) and I have absolutely no idea on what to do to try and fix it. :(

Thanks again for the info though. If the script issue can ever be fixed, it's a very nicely done model.

Do you know if Worksim did any other assets worth searching for?

Cheers,
Piere.

I actually do. Someone who requested his name be anonymous sent me other locos worksim had made. These include, but aren't limited to, an 0-8-8-0, a narrow gauge 2-8-8-4, and some Mikes as well.

Also, I happen to know someone on Discord named Blackwater who took and rebuilt it from the ground up.

Last edited:
I actually do. Someone who requested his name be anonymous sent me other locos worksim had made. These include, but aren't limited to, an 0-8-8-0, a narrow gauge 2-8-8-4, and some Mikes as well.
Also, I happen to know someone on Discord named Blackwater who took and rebuilt it from the ground up.

Thanks for the info. Could you suggest any kewords to search for? Searching for "worksim" doesn't bring them up (or the Camelback strangely) and TKUID doesn't accept wheel arrangements as valid search terms.

Cheers,
Piere.

Thanks for the info. Could you suggest any kewords to search for? Searching for "worksim" doesn't bring them up (or the Camelback strangely) and TKUID doesn't accept wheel arrangements as valid search terms.

Cheers,
Piere.
I noticed that too. Unfortunately though, I don't think they went by any other names, aside from the Mikados, but I think searching for Mikado alone would bring up a whole buncha 2-8-2s from people that had been made over the years.

Hi All
Closing this thread here. Remember that asking for, or having people send you, other people's work without the creator's permission is still not permissible. If a creator has decided to remove their work from the internet, that is their choice; it doesn't give other people the right to redistribute their work. Freeware or payware, it is still copyrighted material, and the creator still has a say in how their work is released (if at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back