Thanksgiving & Trainz

cascaderailroad

Once again the hustle bustle of the holidays brings out the utter worst in people:

I was merging into a high speed traffic lane, and I was ahead of a car in the R lane, a loaded tar 10 ton dump truck full of hot asphalt was also ahead of me, merging into the R lane ... when a lady behind us both decided: "these 2 people are not going to get ahead of me", and she proceeded to Speed Up to pass us both, and cut us off (the 10 ton dump truck proved to be a much more formidable object, as she tried to cut him off, and failed).

So the true sad Holiday spirit is fulfilled with this Kohl's advertisement:

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa-RTO80h6c <---

Notice she cuts off an elderly lady and shoves her palm in the lady's face and Say's: "Not Today". Then gets her hand caught in the closing sliding door ... and steals a package out of a passing shoppers shopping cart, and walks away giving the lady the "Bird" hand gesture, and again cuts the elderly lady off in the check out line, and butts blatantly in front of her.

People have pointed out that the strutting actress Julie Mann makes a subtle hand gesture, after stealing the womans package out of her cart.

Is this real spirit of the Holidays ?:confused: Unbelievable how an ad campaigne company, sat down with the Kohl's board of directors and they all previewed the ad, and CEO's think that this is cute & funny, and then OK'ed the project !

Black Friday ... A free for all, grab all you can get, cut your fellow citizens off, and grab all the monetary items you can steal ... This makes me totally sick !

Thanksgiving is a day that you are supposed to give thanks for what you have already ... like freedom, democracy ... etc ...

Today it is a corporate shopping frenzy campaign, to boost sales ... with the "limited quantities, in store stock only" "bait and switch for the higher priced product" game.

What do you really want? :

I want asus I7 17" laptop with 8 GB HD, and a 2 GB video card ... but I'm "NOT" going to get it any cheaper than $1049 on Black Friday (maybe a tad on cyber monday). And I am not going to cut people off and grab and steal from them, in a free for all greedy game.

I really need "Nothing" aside from gainful employment and health ... I do not need a high tech electronics device to fulfill my wildest dreams on Christmas day !

I wish you all to be with your friends and loved ones during the Holidays, and to enjoy the simple things in life ... not electronics and monetary possessions.

Who started this whole "Gift Giving" "Scavenger Hunt" idea anyway" ... maybe it was "Corporate Greed" and Wall Street ?

It's all Chinese Junk worth $1.67 in a slave trade factory in China anyway ... I pray we all get our priorities straight, in order ... before we become a greedy society of gift grabbers.

Last edited:
i thought u lived on the south pole, in an igloo. how did an old lady and a tar truck get down there?:eek:

but seriously, i know what you mean. last year, i was at a traffic light, waiting at a red to go straight. this lady behind me in a honda odyssey van deciceds to go past me...on the sidewalk! because she had no patience. well she got the right half of her van on the curb...the left half of her front hood was under my right rear wheel!!!

thank god i was in my lifted truck. i got out, and yelled at her and used every cuseword known to man (i think i even threw some dialect italian in there.lol) even though she didnt hurt my truck. she was so scared she backed up , did a u turn, and left. with her bumper dragging, but she got what she deserved.

Hello Cascade and have a good Thanksgiving,

I agree with all that you said except one thing. I don't think corporate greed plays a part in the Holidays shopping frenzy. I have heard of no Wall Street ad person or greedy electronics manufacturer holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to misbehave to the point of causing injury, or to overcharge their credit cards to the point they and their families will have to live on bread and water until March or April to pay down their credit cards. Nor do I think we are so weak minded that seeing an ad on TV or in the papers creates an irresistible urge to act stupidly.

The fault is in us, and I think you are very right in your suggestion that we need to simplify to cure it. Did that years ago and have never been happier.

Bernie

I was puzzled by the title, and don't see the connection here. Christmas and Trainz yeah, but Thanksgiving would be better associated with Railworks -
wait for it -
since Railworks IS A REAL TURKEY! :hehe:

Hah ... Railworks good one !

Ben Franklin wanted the symbol of the US to be the turkey, that would have looked really funny on our currency ... lol

Last edited:
Mr. Cascaderailroad,

I understand exactly what you're talking about! It took me 90 minutes to go 30 miles because of the holiday traffic. There were 5 accidents, fender benders mostly, people running red lights creating grid-locked traffic.

This it seems is when people are more concerned about getting gifts for their loved ones during the holidays, and even less than they normally do about anyone else.

As my dad says, the true colors of people come out during these holidays.

John

As soon as Kohl's stops playing their totally annoying obnoxious Black Friday commercial ... I am going to try to be alot more nicer and kind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa-RTO80h6c

To make a BeefHamTurDucHenGatorFish ... you take a Cow, and stuff it with a Pig, and stuff that with a Turkey, and stuff that with a Duck, an stuff that with a Chicken, and stuff that with an Aligator tail, and stuff that with a Catfish, and stuff that full of stuffing.

Last edited:
So sad but true Cascade...

I think for black friday I am gone to spend day working on the O Scale with dad, in 2 weeks where hitting the MRR show..

Happy Holidays to all.

Back