Tennessee Pass Route

inprr

Thunder Rails Productions
i have been working on this for the past three weeks and feel its time to show off the progress i have made. to give you a time. its just after a big rain storm and the snow is melting late this year. with those two combined the banks of the arkansas river are unable to stay in its banks.

scaled.php

The Rio Grande is trying to get the high priority trains through the pass before the river washes out any track

scaled.php

this is one of the creeks that is over flowing already.

inprr201204200003.jpg

this shows the power of the river with the train trying to get to Minturn before the river make the trip impossible

Last edited:
I was previously modeling that stretch in MSTS, and have a bunch of photos along the route I took for that purpose. If any of them might be useful to you let me know.

Good Job so far! Can I ask something, Does the route go all the way from Pueblo to Grand Junction or Midturn?

thanks for the comment. it goes from just south of salida to glendwood springs,co.

I was previously modeling that stretch in MSTS, and have a bunch of photos along the route I took for that purpose. If any of them might be useful to you let me know.

the few things i would like to know is speed limits and if someone could do the tunnel portals with fold down screens.

that part of the rout was to hard to read where the lines were when they were imported into transdem. -inprr

Thanks, Keep us posted. I have visited Leadville last summer and it was a great place, I also went on the Leadville Colorado & Southern too, almost to Climax. It must of been a tough route to operate before it was shut down, I'm guessing the trains never went over 45mph, and thats with eight or more trains lashed together, hauling a coal drag over the pass.

for a posting: right now im doing a 24 hour run session to see if i fixed all of the bugs in the signaling system. aka wrong signals in some spots. and to see if the ai can keep clear of it self, no signal field meets that shutdown trains until i intervene. -inprr

well, all of the trains i had running didnt have any problems. no screenshots this time around but i will try to put some up later tonight for everyone to comment on. -inprr

here are some pics i took last night. let me know what you think.
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

i was hoping to get a good lighting shot but the weather wasnt going to cooperate with me, oh well. more to come.-inprr

right now i havent been working on the TP for two weeks due to the laptop going on the fritz. i did get the red cliff section to look right and the track on the right side of the river in a few spots. other than that nothing has changed.

thanks wilt.

here some more shots from TP. these shots are near Dotsero, CO. although the area is desert with sagebrush, i like the look with conifers and cottonwood trees.
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

thats all i have right now. let me know what you think of the pic cause i may keep it this way. -inprr

Growing up in Colorado I've always loved the Tennessee Pass. To bad they had to shut it down. Would have been a real treat to see trains still running those abandoned tracks!

from what i heard through the grape vine, the line is on stand-by. if moffat is shut down for a period of time the only routes left for them is sherman hill and TP.

anyway i have a few pics of the same area but only with sage brush.
scaled.php

scaled.php

again let me know what you think. thanks -inprr

Back