TANE won't save my edits

JonMyrlennBailey

I am now updating Windows, running malware scans and will isntall TANE fresh from scratch. The trouble is with this fishlips Island again. It has been quite troublesome and I have been building a new route over it for about 5 weeks now. Never had such a host of troubles in TANE with other routes including those I build in TS12 and imported into TANE.

I tried rebuilding the database and removing missing assets. No dice. Having used TS12 for many years, I have found that a clean reinstall often fixes a lot of crap that is troublesome such as frequent involuntary program shutdowns and an AI system that fails to obey commands. I'm thinking about creating a new route with a single board and merging the troublesome fishlips Island-based route to it if a reinstall doesn't fix this. Could fishlips have planted malware into his free downloadables? A lot of goofy things have been going on with my route based on this particular Island blank: wireframe lines that don't show up, TUME tunnel walls that sometimes disappear during a session, lineside cameras that can't be deleted or moved. Involuntary program shutdowns.

Last edited:
Have you tried a simple database repair?

On the Launcher or in Content Manager, click on Developer on the menu bar and choose Rebuild Database.

In the past, using Save_As instead of Save used to work for this when we had this issue in TRS2004 thru TS2010.

Have you tried a simple database repair?

On the Launcher or in Content Manager, click on Developer on the menu bar and choose Rebuild Database.

In the past, using Save_As instead of Save used to work for this when we had this issue in TRS2004 thru TS2010.

No, just Rebuild Database under Developer. I have been getting a lot of weird goings-on in TANE lately anyway. Maybe a fresh new TANE will iron stuff out. It's a drag having to load all that stuff back in from CDP and fix it if it is faulty. Another thing is that TANE has been failing to download stuff from DLS claiming there was an "interruption in the connection". Often downloading stuff again cuases it to actually install on the second go round. Bringing in a fishlips route seems to have thrown a monkey wrench into everything.

Last edited:
I just reintalled TANE and all content and saveabilty in Surveyor seems to have been restored. The missing grid lines in wireframe seem to have come back too. The stupid cameras still don't get moved or deleted, however, without deleting the layer they are in. Two "unknown assets" were removed from this route to get it off of Faulty status. "Unknown assets" used to creep in while bulding in TS12 from time to time.

I just made a test route for the cameras. I can add them there and edit them there later in the layer they were put in. The fishlips-based route seems to have jinxed the cameras somehow.

Last edited:
Create a new route.
Merge the Fishlips islands route into the new blank route.

Save under a new name.

Open that new route and try to remove the camera. This may or may not work, but I've used this method for various routes that have issues that can't be solved any other way.

You probably didn't need to reinstall. There is also the Extended Database Repair. Press CTRL while clicking on Rebuild Database and that will be invoked instead. It takes longer and it usually finds and fixes stuff. Sometimes though, even that doesn't work and you'll end up reinstalling anyway but it's worth a try first.

Back