TANE: Blue Comet wheelslip while standing still???

dght64

So I just downloaded the Blue Comet for TANE, and laid out a simple oval of track in Surveyor to test it out on. When I went into Driver, the first thing I noticed was that the Regulator on the HUD was blinking yellow, which I understand means the wheels are slipping. With the regulator closed. And the engine standing still.

I thought it might be just a bug with the HUD, so I applied the throttle slightly, turning on the sander just in case. I've driven the BC successfully in TS12, with probably 15-20 hours experience, but in TANE nothing I did with the regulator and cutoff would get the train to go faster than 4 mph, on flat ground.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

EDIT: Before you ask, both brakes are released. I've also tried just the engine without connecting it to any cars... same problem.

Last edited:
If you think it's a bug, report it to the helpdesk. This is the kind of thing they need to fix and will do so with a patch which could be a simple config.txt change.

John

I think I've found the problem... in the CNJ G3s enginespec, the driving-wheel-weight-ratio is set to 0. In the TS12 version it's 0.6. Can't fix it myself ("- Not authorised to commit changes to asset <kuid2:447264:1039:1>") but I know where to point the people who can.

So I just downloaded the Blue Comet for TANE, and laid out a simple oval of track in Surveyor to test it out on. When I went into Driver, the first thing I noticed was that the Regulator on the HUD was blinking yellow, which I understand means the wheels are slipping. With the regulator closed. And the engine standing still.

I thought it might be just a bug with the HUD, so I applied the throttle slightly, turning on the sander just in case. I've driven the BC successfully in TS12, with probably 15-20 hours experience, but in TANE nothing I did with the regulator and cutoff would get the train to go faster than 4 mph, on flat ground.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

EDIT: Before you ask, both brakes are released. I've also tried just the engine without connecting it to any cars... same problem.

I had the same thing happen. I went to outside view and decoupled everything except the tender. Everything worked, went back and restarted with whole train and everything ran smooth. If I did anything I have know idea what I did. But it now runs smooth.

You both should report this as a bug and report what you did to work around the problem. This will help the developers pin-point the problem and perhaps update the e-spec.

John

This is yet another reason why we should be able to edit DLC assets, and commit changes ... But we are unauthorized to make changes on our own PC's, to assets

1. This is yet another reason why we should be able to edit DLC assets, and commit changes ... But we are unauthorized to make changes on our own PC's, to assets

There is a 'Edit Config File Text' option that could be used to change the asset behaviour without any risk of exposing the asset components such as meshes and images to the risk of being copied (which I assume is why payware has all these restrictions). That would deal with a large number of cases where payware needs to be changed.

I have a similar problem with the bogey chains on one of the included tenders - they face the wrong way round. No-one else seems bothered by this, but I would love to be able to change it. Instead it has to be an error report and a long wait for a fix.

Last edited:
There is a 'Edit Config File Text' option that could be used to change the asset behaviour without any risk of exposing the asset components such as meshes and images to the risk of being copied (which I assume is why payware has all these restrictions). That would deal with a large number of cases where payware needs to be changed.

I have a similar problem with the bogey chains on one of the included tenders - they face the wrong way round. No-one else seems bothered by this, but I would love to be able to change it. Instead it has to be an error report and a long wait for a fix.

Yea, I see that with the chains also.

Are you referring to the bogey chains on the Nickel Plate? I have the same problem.

I've reported the Blue Comet wheelslip issue to the helpdesk, still waiting for a response.

I tried that, but there's no way to actually commit the changes. So, nothing to do but just wait until it's fixed.

You lot give up too easily. ;)

Open the engine spec for edit, change is payware from 1 to 0 and edit the espec.
Change the kuid from <kuid2:447264:1039:1> to <kuid2:447264:1039:2>
DO NOT SUBMIT that will fail instead drag the folder containing the edited espec into the content manager window or import the folder where it will install and obsolete the faulty payware espec. Just done it here. Quicker than waiting for a fix haven't tested it though, too busy with other stuff.
As it's only a text file there is no issue with not being able to convert .textures etc which is the only thing stopping you doing this with any item.

By the way the original espec is also installed but obsoleted and that has 0.6 in it.

Hi All
We are aware of this issue with the Blue Comet (and USRA Light Pacific as well), and we will be looking into this.

In the mean time, you can use another enginespec without actually 'editing' the locomotive. This will work for any locomotive you have installed in Trainz.

To do this, first place the locomotive into Surveyor, then select the 'edit properties' tool, then click on the loco. Now locate the 'Vehicle Properties' section, and the setting for 'Engine'. This will be shown as 'default', click on this and select the desired Enginespec.

At this stage, there's no way to change the default enginespec used.

Regards

Mine has been working great ever time but the first time. I have used it a lot since then and am loving it.

Hi All
We are aware of this issue with the Blue Comet (and USRA Light Pacific as well), and we will be looking into this.

... and the C&O Kanawha K-4 Tender <kuid2:276266:100501:2>?

Is there somewhere we can see a list of what is known and what is not?

K-4 tender was fixed in the latest retail builds. It is possible that any instances of the tender will have to be deleted from the map and set out again in order to "flush" the session soups. Local edits to the config would require that but I'd rate that unlikely with a new version of the asset but who knows for sure. It works for me though. Both water and coal are transferred normally in cab mode -now known as "realistic mode" control.

Did you see any other problems with it?

Bob Pearson

Back