T:ANE (in development) screenshots...

Port Loleta modified to work in T:ANE; see here to download the layout, with instructions for installation:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...t-T-ANE-Release-Candidate-absolutely-stunning

The reflection in the water is the brick wall background.

TANE_1_zpsdhhfzpaz.jpg~original

TANE%202015-04-03%2023-57-36-25.jpg

A rather grimy DD class waits at the home signal next to a small dam.

Regards
Zec

S301 and TRam__, those are amazing screenshots. TANE is looking really good. The trees, water, texutres and sky look awesome.

I still can't believe that first shot isn't an actual picture!!
I also was surprised how good my billboard trees (with normal map) look like. But, unfortunately, in built-in routes you will not see anything like that. Also i have to adjust some settings of post-processing.

Last edited:
S301 and TRam__, those are amazing screenshots. TANE is looking really good. The trees, water, texutres and sky look awesome.
However the reflections, in certain situations, look awful.

When will NV3 remove the crazy idea of being able to see objects under the water, to any depth, with equal clarity and no correction for refraction? It just doesn't look real. Earlier versions had it closer to reality, although not absolutely right, with anything below the surface being invisible.

The reflections to the right of Zec's image look all wrong because you can see the submerged trunks of the trees, and the above surface reflections, superimposed over each other.

Suggest the developers turn off the switch that allows objects to be seen below the surface and check out the difference. The reflections might just then start to be believable.

Not trying to be controversial here, just helpful.

However the reflections, in certain situations, look awful.When will NV3 remove the crazy idea of being able to see objects under the water, to any depth, with equal clarity and no correction for refraction?

Deep water isn't transparent in T:ANE.

kind regards,

chris

Deep water isn't transparent in T:ANE.

kind regards,

chris
Thank you Chris. That's good to know.

Does that mean that assets will not be visible at all below the surface, or only to a certain depth?

The reason I ask is that in Zec's shot those trees on the right seem to be visible below the surface of the river bed to a depth of around 8-10 feet. As this is a T:ANE screenshot thread I assumed what we were seeing was a T:ANE image.

Thank you Chris. That's good to know.

Does that mean that assets will not be visible at all below the surface, or only to a certain depth?

The reason I ask is that in Zec's shot those trees on the right seem to be visible below the surface of the river bed to a depth of around 8-10 feet. As this is a T:ANE screenshot thread I assumed what we were seeing was a T:ANE image.

Hi Mezzo, are you, finally, planning to buy T:ANE ?
Rail4Pete

The Blue Lake in New Zealand is known as the clearest water in the world. Reportedly horizontal visibility under water exceeds 65m.

Of course for any water visibility will be dependent on angle of viewing and the turbidity.

Hi Mezzo, are you, finally, planning to buy T:ANE ?
Rail4Pete
I tend to follow the conventional wisdom of only buying anything if it’s at the right price and does what I want it to.

Whoops, we’ve gone off topic, we’re in a screenshot thread, and I can’t post a T:ANE image because I don’t have one.

K&L Trainz - C&O 614

ek3_tane3_procedural.jpg

Requires a config mod to run in T:ANE but they look great on CheckRail's Eastern Kentucky v3.1 with TANE Jarrah track on the mainline.

Harold

Last edited:
Wow! I have to say, I think K&L's content has the greatest improvement between TS12 and TANE of anything out there - it makes the engines look like they could pop out of the screen at any moment...

Wow! I have to say, I think K&L's content has the greatest improvement between TS12 and TANE of anything out there - it makes the engines look like they could pop out of the screen at any moment...
Yep. The old lighting didn`t do any modeller`s creations justice!

TANE, Wondabyne
TANE%202015-04-04%2020-33-15-29_zpsuvjrejez.png

TANE%202015-04-04%2020-35-19-07_zps5xt9the0.png

TANE%202015-04-04%2020-31-25-10_zpspqx1b5ul.png

TANE%202015-04-04%2020-30-42-70_zpsyplqry7f.png

Attachments

• TANE 2015-04-03 21-32-18-47_zpsnbfdvdkz.jpg
    TANE 2015-04-03 21-32-18-47_zpsnbfdvdkz.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 22
  • TANE 2015-04-04 20-33-15-29_zpsyhd8jrts.jpg
    TANE 2015-04-04 20-33-15-29_zpsyhd8jrts.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 19