Switching operations in a steel works

philskene

Anybody who has visited a real steel works will know that they sprawl over a vast area, with maze of complex track work and numerous rust stained structures.

This is a representation of a steel works that replicates in a smaller area the operations that take place in the prototype.

A general view of part of the complex:

SteelWorks_001.jpg

Coal is reduced to coke in the coke ovens. The coke is used as an oxidizing agent in the Blast Furnace to smelt iron ore into iron:

SteelWorks_002.jpg

SteelWorks_003.jpg

The iron ore dump:

SteelWorks_004.jpg

Iron ore, coke and limestone, which acts as a flux to remove impurities, are fed into the Blast Furnace:

SteelWorks_005.jpg

The molten iron is taken by torpedo cars and feed into the Basic Oxygen Furnace:

SteelWorks_006.jpg

SteelWorks_007.jpg

(continues)

(continued)

The Basic Oxygen Furnace converts iron into steel slabs. The other essential ingredients in the Basic Oxygen Furnace are oxygen gas and shredded scrap iron. The scrap iron yard:

SteelWorks_008.jpg

The Mills convert the steel slabs into coil, plates and beams. This is freighted away for use in other industries:

SteelWorks_009.jpg

SteelWorks_010.jpg

SteelWorks_011.jpg

The layout of the works looks like this:

UrbanIndustRail_SteelWorks1.jpg

UrbanIndustRail_SteelWorks2.jpg

Phil

Hmmm... that steelworks looks dangerously familiar! :D

You always were a sucker for big sprawling industry Phil; still, you do it well. :)

So when are you gonna invent some new steelworks sessions? ;)

Cheers

Nix

i was hoping you would create the steel works just as it self, so i don't have to run Industrail (tooo big for me!)
Cheers,
Sean

Back