Surveyor, Log loading Prob.

JasperStone

I am just learning how to build maps and like Logging camps. But, when I use them in Driver the Narrow gauge Skeleton log cars do not load. I am especially having trouble with the Decker log loader. The log cars go right through it just as if it wasn't there. They do not go up the ramp or load. I also have not got the multi log deck or the dry sort yard to work.

Other industries seem to work. The Northbay Sawmill loads lumber onto my flatcars beautifully.

What am I missing?

Cousin Jasper

Hi,

While in surveyor, have you set up the cars to accept the logs?
click the question mark ? while the loco's tab is open (in Surveyor)
then click on the car you want,
this should bring up the list of industry product you have.
make sure you have the one you're after,
then just just add the product you want.
it should work.

Torana :)

In Northbay, the Decker loader should work without needing any pre-setting. What happens when you run the Session, does it work then? The Session only provides instructions and has no control over what you do. What it does do is pre-set the log cars for loading.

With luck, Slugsmasher will see this thread and give you an answer, while the Decker is not his model, he created that Session.

One thing that perhaps you are not doing, the cars must be run through the Decker so that the first log car is the first loaded when you stop as it aligns with the log stack. I know it works, I have just tried it myself without problems.

I had forgotten what a nice route Northbay is. We were very proud that it was the first and still the only narrow gauge route accepted by Auran to be supplied with the game.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Last edited:
I'm here sometimes. Trying out stuff on Northbay County as Narrowgauge suggests should reveal any operational technique problems or at least provide an example of how it should work.

Back