Surveyor 2 Scrapbook - how to rotate before paste?

schweitzerdude

In Surveyor Classic, you can copy an area and before pasting, you can rotate (in 90 Degree increments).

In Surveyor 2.0, I can paste and then rotate, but if you have copied textures and terrain, it doesn't work well. How can I rotate after the copy but before pasting, similar to the functionality of Surveyor Classic?

In Surveyor 2.0, I can paste and then rotate, but if you have copied textures and terrain, it doesn't work well. How can I rotate after the copy but before pasting, similar to the functionality of Surveyor Classic?
I have noticed this and a similar issue when the marquee selection area to create a scrapbook cuts across a TurfFX or Clutter Effect Layer. Reported and acknowledged as a bug.

How can I rotate after the copy but before pasting, similar to the functionality of Surveyor Classic?
Apart from the issue described above for textures and effect layers, the rotate function works well for all other objects. Once you have the scrapbook in the clipboard or selected in the scrapbook palette, just set the rotation angle in the Tool Options Palette. Details can be found at How_to_Use_S20_Tools#Scrapbook_Data

Where I went wrong was trying to do a Ctrl-V paste with a rotation degree. That doesn't work.
But as pware said, selecting brush=scrapbook data with scrapbook brush and a rotation degree does work, so I was wrong believing you can't rotate before a paste. You can. But terrain elevation doesn't seem to paste.

Also, when you select a scrapbook item and do a Ctrl-V paste, the default area is the same scale as the scrapbook item. This is what you usually want. But, if you change the brush=scrapbook data, you can rotate but the scale needs to be manually set to what it should be to match the scrapbook item. How to do this? - maybe trial and error?

Bottom line - In my opinion S2.0 scrapbook needs to be tweaked so that the rotate/paste ability at least matches the functionality of the copy/paste in Surveyor Classic - including terrain.

Setting the Brush Action to Scrapbook Brush will force the scrapbook to fit within the current brush size. So a small brush size will compress the scrapbook to fit.

Setting the Brush Action to Scrapbook Clone will paint the scrapbook at its original size. If the brush is set to a smaller radius then you will need a sweep around the area to complete the task. If the brush is larger than the scrapbook then it will be cloned to fill the brush size.

Back