Suggestions?

Buffalo_trains93

It's snowy here.
Hey guys,

Back when I had a functioning TRS2009, I tried to patch it, after the prompt, and it failed (Killing my TRS2009 untill further fixing), so, after long hours of getting nowhere (4 months ago), I decided to try it again this morning. This morning, after it said patching aborted, I got an unusual file that is said it could not patch (By unusual, I mean that I have never seen this file come into question by the patcher before) Now, I'm going from 35899 to 40400. In my game however (I can actually start it, but that's about it) it says I'm at 40400. Also, it recognizes from the first patching attempt the fact that I have some files patched. I also do have the August 2009 Version of Direct X.

Here's the file:
Failed to patch Builtin\1.ja, file contents do not match

This makes no sense to me. How could the files not match? Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated!

Take care,

Ryan

Hey guys,

Back when I had a functioning TRS2009, I tried to patch it, after the prompt, and it failed (Killing my TRS2009 untill further fixing), so, after long hours of getting nowhere (4 months ago), I decided to try it again this morning. This morning, after it said patching aborted, I got an unusual file that is said it could not patch (By unusual, I mean that I have never seen this file come into question by the patcher before) Now, I'm going from 35899 to 40400. In my game however (I can actually start it, but that's about it) it says I'm at 40400. Also, it recognizes from the first patching attempt the fact that I have some files patched. I also do have the August 2009 Version of Direct X.

Here's the file:
Failed to patch Builtin\1.ja, file contents do not match

This makes no sense to me. How could the files not match? Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated!

Take care,

Ryan

Shane is the expert on patching 2009. He will get you patched to 41844.

Probably should have posted in the 2009 forum.

tomurban

I have seen that error before (on the forums) - are you sure you are using the correct patch? Also is yours directly from Auran or from a regional distributor - if it's from a regional distributor, look on their website for a patch. It would also seem that the previous patch was cancelled part way through - a situation that requires a re-install.

I would recommend a re-install of TS2009 as you seem to have two different versions of files. (When you do reinstall it though, do a defrag between uninstall and reinstall).

Once build 40040 is installed, enter your Username and Password in the Trainz Options box - on the Planet Auran tab, a 'Patch Trainz' button will become available - click it and follow the instructions to get up to 41844. I would also advise running the latest version of DirectX to take advantage of performance and reliability improvements. (See http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=58843 for instructions)

If you need any further help, just reply to this post.

Shane

P.S. I check most of the forums (apart from the foreign language and certain content creation ones) so I should be able to pick it up in any forum.

Shane,

I shot one over at the TRS2009 forums, but at this point, it is trivial. Alright, that is what I feared. No, the game is straight from here, a Digital Download off of Auran's site. Like I said, it is patching 38599-40400, but my game is saying it is 40400. How exactly do I go about uninstalling a DD?

Thank you for your help.

Take care,

Ryan:wave:

As long as you still have the setup files for re-installation, it should be possible to remove it using Add/Remove programs. Look for Trainz Simulator 2009 (or similar) then click the Remove/Uninstall button. Once done, it may be worth running a defrag to reduce the chances of file errors. Also, if you happen to have a registry cleaner (don't worry if you haven't), run that as well.

If you do not still have the setup files, you will need to login to your Planet Auran profile to find the links. If they are not present there, you will need to contact Helpdesk re: re-downloading.

After the re-install, proceed as before to install build 40040, but make sure you do not cancel the patching process at all, otherwise you will have to start over. (Average time for patching is 1-2hrs and will pause about halfway through: this is normal.)

Once it has patched to 40040, follow the instructions in the previous post to patch to 41844. (The patch to SP3 (build 41844) can take 1-2 hours as well)

Shane

EDIT: If you do get stuck, just post a reply and I will see what I can do.

Last edited:
Shane, I have successfully uninstalled and restarted my PC. I'm not aware the Defrag you're reffering to. My question is, now do I go back to my download history via the Auran Website, and re-download Trainz 2009? Is that okay to do?

Take care,

I assume you did not keep the downloaded setup files then - what you now need to do is click Profile at the top of the screen, then click Order History. Once you get there, find the reference to your TS2009 - there should be a details link or similar. On that page should be a series of links, (starting with one for setup.exe) - you will need to download all of the files mentioned, then you can proceed with re-installation. (If the links do not appear, you may need to contact Helpdesk using the link above and your Planet Auran details to submit a ticket.

What operating system are you running (Windows XP,Vista,7 etc)? I can give instructions for running a defrag if needs be.

Shane

Shane,

Mm, I'm sorry I did not keep them. To uninstall, I simply went to Add/Remove programs, found TRS2009, and clicked "Uninstall" My apologies. Alright thank you, is there and specific order in which to download?

XP I belive,

Take care,

Download them all, then run setup.exe - that will start the installation.

As an aside, to run a defrag, click Start, then select All programs, then Accessories, then System Tools, then Disk Defragmenter. Once that loads, all that has to be done then is to click Defragment.

Just to let you know, you can press F5 on the keyboard to get the latest info on a thread.

Shane

Last edited:
Shane,

I'm proceeding to Defrag now. I went to my Order History and found the link. Thank you so much for your help! I greatly appreciate it it. I will try the Defrag in the future aswell, thank you!

Take care,

If you get stuck during the installation/patching, just post a reply and I will help you. (I'm on the forum virtually every day, so I will pick it up one way or another).

Remember: When you do start the patching, don't cancel it mid-patching as you will have to re-install again. I would also advise keeping the setup files somewhere safe - there is a limit on how many times you can re-download.

I am happy enough to help anyone who needs my help - that's what a forum is for.

Shane

Shane,

Is the download from the Profile area supposed to take a while? I'm only on 18% and have been running for about 30 mintues.

Take care,

If it's like the content download server, probably. The setup files are big files so that sounds about normal. Just make sure you download all of them before you run the installation. After installing, simply follow the instructions I have given throughout the thread. I will be back online tommorrow morning (BST)

Shane

EDIT: If you do get stuck, simply reply to the post and I will pick it up tomorrow morning (about 10 hrs time)

Well Shane, when I went to download it, all it was, was a .exe file, the normal for Trainz, so I clicked it, and am proceeding to reinstall, and at this moment have no other files?

Take care,

Well Shane, when I went to download it, all it was, was a .exe file, the normal for Trainz, so I clicked it, and am proceeding to reinstall, and at this moment have no other files?

Take care,

Just checked my storage server .......... 2009 digital download is just the one file about 2.5GB, it's 2010 that comes in several files.

Hope you get it sorted this time, never know the download may be up to date, that is if Auran have updated the download, check the version number before patching just in case it is or needs a different patch.

Mac,

That is exactly what I am looking at here. A file, 2.52Gbs in size, nothing more, nothing less. Hopefully this will work, and I appreciate your kind words.

Thank you!

Take care,

Shane,

All seems to have worked. My final question. I extracted my previous Local Folder, and have my local folder from Trainz 2006, is there any way to put them back into TRS2009 again? Avoids countless hours of downloading. Thank you so much for all your help!

Take care,

Use Import Content in Content Manager to do this (it's in the File Menu)- I would advise doing the patching first, as patching a fresh new installation of Trainz is quicker than patching one with a load of downloaded content in it.

Also, don't forget to put your CD-Key into the Trainz Options box, and your username/password into the Trainz Options box (Planet Auran tab)

Shane

P.S. Thanks also goes to clam1952, as he knows more about the file size of a digital download than me.

Shane,

Yeah, the patching is done, finished last night about 12:30 EST. Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it, you have no idea.

Thank you, once again,

Take care,

Back