Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

According to another thread in the community section Paul (ChilleanLlama) found an error in the website and has closed it down and he apparently hopes to have it up again by this coming Sunday (March 4th)

Dave

some more shots taken while testing the elevated portation of my subway layout, which will be part of the v1.1 update

and with the help of FRM, i should be able to replace the stations before i release the layout :D

Screenshot_85.jpg

Screenshot_88.jpg

Screenshot_94.jpg

Screenshot_97.jpg

Last edited:
I had wondered where this thread had gone.

My contributions, firstly taken on Paul's Westhaven route (a fleet of these trams will be available from the DLS soon):
tramsathavenroadwn2.jpg

The second is just Leeds 180 in front of a typical Leeds terrace. There is no layout associated with this image.
trsleeds180so5.jpg

BidMod

okies some more of mine...

trainz2007-03-2120-28-01-29.jpg

trainz2007-03-2120-43-54-87.jpg

trainz2007-03-2120-39-17-18.jpg

trainz2007-03-2120-33-01-89.jpg

Screen_008-1.jpg

Screen_005-2.jpg

Screen_003-2.jpg

and just as a teaser...

trainz2007-03-2322-46-03-84.jpg

trainz2007-03-2322-46-28-35.jpg

trainz2007-03-2322-46-46-10.jpg

they still need some work, but'll be out soon. I know they aren't actual CTA stock. but not being a GMAXer im stuck with reskinning... (if someone wants to collaborate or something, I'll be more than willing)

peter

Three from the route I'm doing. This route has the tram lines signalled and divided into block sections in a similar way to a railway. The first two images show a Westhaven tram trundling past the terraces, with the third being an on-board shot as we pass Leeds 180 at the town centre. In the distance is the final section leading to the railway station.

As usual, click to see the bigger pic.

I would post more, but the rest of the land is decidedly untextured.

Another tram enters the stable - a former Glasgow tram. I've deliberately left clues to its past to give a short history. Bought from Glasgow and repainted, but leaving its red bogies and underframe. The roof has been turned grey, in contrast to its old nickname "wee baldie".

Unfortunately, it doesn't skin quite as well as the others, and I need to contact Silversmith about the bogey (an email will get fired off just after this post is written, then I'm off to watch Life on Mars).

Pic:

Thanks. That tram actually looks better when in driver (trams were never built to be stuffed and mounted were they?), so I will be releasing it when I sort the screenshot (will do that in a few minutes - but it will be on my own layout). Next are some enclosed bogie trams, then I'll take a look at the former Paisley tram. At some point I'll finish the Chesterfield tram as well, but it isn't as interesting.

Going for a play with trams - expect more screens soon...

Where I can dowload trams(tatra and russian or ukrainian trams)(sorry 4 my english).

Last edited:
You might find this thread interesting -> http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=858
(trams again, by rjhowie)

It's a bit Westhaven dominated, but there are a few listings in there that you might find interesting.

The trams in my shot before are my own skins of Silversmith's; and are/will be shortly available at the DLS (I know you didn't want them specifically, but I enjoy a good shameless plug
wink.gif
).

Finally, your English is much better than any of my 2nd, 3rd etc languages, so don't feel the urge to apologise.

As promised/threatened:

Here, we see the bridge over the railway with Leeds 180 heading out of town. You can see the terraces behind. Second is a view towards the station from the upper deck of the same tram. Finally, this image must say a lot about me, but here we see where the terraces meet with the newer semis, seperated by the tramway. The cricket pitch is visible in the corner (fancy making some crickiters, Shoves?)

In these three, we firstly see the former Glasgow tramcar (now Westhaven 7) approaching the town centre, with the depot to the back right of the shot. Secondly, we see the same tram approaching the station (and terminus) after passing through the streets of shoppers. Finally, we see Leeds 180 at the other terminus among an early 20th centuary build of semis seperated by an open green space (and the mainline railway).

On the left, we see another shot of the road crossing by the station, and then the same tram rolling along the main street. Finally, we see leeds 180 dropping down the hill towards the main town.

I would post another row, but I've run out of space. This one shows Leeds 180 crossing the railway bridge. More soon.

Back