Subway Signalling Control

R142Alover

Hey everyone I am a huge subway fan of the New York City Transit.And here in trainz magicland has made wonderful subway style signals.
Is there a way I can control the signals while in either Driver or Surveyor mode?
In the system there are timer signals which don't change until a train is within a certain distance and speed.But I don't care about the speed in this situation.There are 3 states which are Red,Green and Yellow.When its clear by 2 signals the signal is green but I want to have a realistic field of controlling certain signals on my layout.So Lets say there are 3 signals between each station which are about 2000 feet apart and I would like the 2nd signal Yellow while the 1st one is Green and the 3rd is Red.So the driver will have to slow down nearing the 2nd signal and once the trains gets within 10 feet it will clear green automatically.So if there is a rule or someone can help me achieve this it would be appreciated.

I know there are some Russian signal called z7 they have a rule called z7 dnc that controls the signals. But yeah, they are Russian and Railroad signals. But it's possible, we have some subway signals too configurable to show different aspects, but I lost the link. It was on metrorus forums somewhere.

There is another script - "Z7 xPath" Or something, it could be found in a Wiki on trainz.org.ru Most of it is in Russian but the script controls signals too. I hope that would help you.

Signalling

I don't know how the scripting would work with that. But right now I am in the process of making 1-shot GT, 2-shot GT, ST, and combo ST/GT (and home) signals right now. The signals will probably show the aspects for ST/GT for appearance's sake. I know there is a block-signal rule in TS2010 where you can make your own blocks. The only thing is that you have to name each signal.

For example, if you have A1-10, A1-12, and A1-14, with this rule, (I forget the name), you can make A1-10 clear only after A1-14 is passed, and so on and so forth.

I have re-skinned Magicland's signals and made a two-aspect caution signal (yellow and red only), the yard signals (red-yellow-red), and marker signals (double-red, no center light). Also, if you go into the config file and play with the numbers, the call-on light can be illuminated.

Back