stroudley terrier steam

arwin48

Hi
I am looking for the Stroudley Terrier steam engine which ran on the Brighton line and the Hayling line.
Anyone know where I could locate one.
Thanks
arwin48

Super

This is a super little loco, but then I am fairly biased... having made Hayling Island in both P4 (exhibition standard) and in Trainz.

Have not run it for a while, especially in later versions, but it worked fine for me.

Angela

stanley terrier

Thank you Stovepipe for pointing me to the url but as you pointed out it contained an error which made it not able to run in TS12. Is it possible to get it altered to run in the latest Trainz.
I also clicked onto your site which showed your latest creation; very impressive. Will it be possible to run it on TS12 once you have uploaded to DLS?
Many thanks
arwin

Post the errors here and I'm sure we can get the loco sorted out.

Highlight the loco in content manager>right mouse button>view errors and warnings. Highlight errors>right mouse button>copy.

Paste into a message here.

Thanks for the comment about my route - it will definitely see the light of day at some point. I tend to do most of my route building when the darker evenings are here, which won't be long now.

stanley terrier errors

Hi
These are the errors from the Terrier:

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Error: Texture 'e4_loco_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'e4_loco_body\e4_loco_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'e4_loco_body/14x gw copper.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'e4_loco_body\e4_loco_body.im'.
Error: The Tag '"' is not permitted within a container of type 'default'.
Error: The Tag ';standing' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Error: The Tag ';safety' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Warning: This asset requires a shadow mesh, but the mesh table does not contain one.

Thank you
arwin

Hi

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Error: Texture 'e4_loco_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'e4_loco_body\e4_loco_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'e4_loco_body/14x gw copper.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'e4_loco_body\e4_loco_body.im'.
Error: The Tag ';standing' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Error: The Tag ';safety' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Warning: This asset requires a shadow mesh, but the mesh table does not contain one.

Thank you
arwin

Ok this is for the E4 loco, rather than the Terriers? The E4 is more complicated to fix, but still possible.

Actually the E4 is by skipper1945 who is steadily updating his old locos, in between building new ones - so perhaps it might be better to wait for it to be updated?

The terriers would be an easier place to start learning the process.

Hi

Thank you
arwin

There's a two-part fix, one for the textures, the other for the config.txt. To fix the config errors, open the loco for edit ing CCP. On the bottom is a summary panel showing any errors in the config.txt file. Click each one. You'll get a screen with a red item with an X next to it. X out the bad info (e.g. the ;standing config error). As for the texture errors, open the asset for edit in Explorer (you do not have to recommit the asset if you already opened it in CCP) and look to see the env_metal.texture.txt and 14x gw copper.texture.txt files and their appropriate graphic image files are there. If so, you'll have to run the mesh (e4_loco_body.im) through PEV's PM2IM with the Strip Textures option set. If not, post back here for further instructions.

P Class

Incidentally, is there a P Class on the DS. Must have a ganders for that, it would be great for a 'preserved' Haying Island.
Although I don't think they had the oomph of a Terrier they would look about right.

Angela

stanley terrier

Hi
I've looked in the loco config file and env are there, but haven't grasped the meaning of pev's pm2im with the strip textures.
The other error in the rear bogie, was "no undec.tga" file for undec.txt file", I added one (just a plain color) but the file error came with "failed to load" where would I find the correct tga file?
Thanks

Same name

Hi
I've looked in the loco config file and env are there, but haven't grasped the meaning of pev's pm2im with the strip textures.
The other error in the rear bogie, was "no undec.tga" file for undec.txt file", I added one (just a plain color) but the file error came with "failed to load" where would I find the correct tga file?
Thanks

Adding another texture won't work unless it is the same name because the txt file relates to the targa.

Angela

Hi
Thanks

PM2IM with Strip Textures just removes unused material slots. It'll open the IM and replace it with a new IM.

As for the bogey, try opening the "un dec.texture.txt" file and point it to an existing texture graphic. Then look at the IM with PEV's mesh viewer. If it looks good then that's all you need to do.

Back