Strange network problem

Thai1On

Slave to my route
I can log in and have my FCT work on my laptop at home and tutorial school I work at with no problem. At school though I' restricted to the 100mb. limit and the FCT does not show in CM 3.7 What is happening at school to make this problem appear?

Dave

Dave,

This sounds like the school may have a firewall that is blocking the Planet Auran login requests for the FCT. This kind of thing is done through TCP and UDP ports and the port needs to be opened up. Usually in corporate and academic environments, they lock down everything first then open up ports as requested and needed by the users. If this is academically related :) , you may want to request your network administrator(s) open up the port for you. Offhand, I don't know what the ports that are needed for the proper operation.

John

Thanks for the help, John. Of course this is very academic and critical in helping my students to speak English :hehe:.

I'm hoping someone in the know at N3V can tell me what ports need to be opened.

Dave

Well this is for academic reasons, of course. Trainz is a learning tool to teach the children about history, travel, and industry. :)

I hope this helps your academic argument. :)

John

Back