Story Telling with Trainz

skeeter314159

Hi guys, so I was thinking, what if Trainz AI drivers had personality, what if they could have a story to tell as the sessions progress? Think about it, what if there are "conversations" between these AI drivers in the on screen pop-ups in the sessions? Or maybe find some other way so that the AI drivers aren't just robots running trains here and there? Maybe make the session descriptions more personal somehow. I'm starting to create my own sessions for Trainz and I was wondering of ways to make there be so kind of human like relationship between the AI drivers, so it could be like multiplayer, but its all still AI drivers. What do you guys think of this?

Yer --- no - - sorry that's a long way from how a real railways runs and that's how I want my trainz to be, close to the real thing

Yeah you are right about that, but I don't know if you have played the razor back railway Scenarios or not, but I remember they had this thing called the yack radio. It was just recordings of railway crews making calls to each other, but it gave I whole new dimension to Trainz. That's what Im talking about. Just like generic radio chatter about location, clearance, etc. What do you think about that?

it would be good in the way of in the cab have " some " radio chatter as in real life but if you are outside of the cab no hell no

I loaded one of the Russian locos once, it had periodic "chatter", in Russian of course, but it sounded like dispatch calling other trains. Kinda cool. Like in Flight Simulator there are add ons that play random recordings of actual Air Traffic Control chatter in the same way.

I think we need a vote on this post. For years I created sessions ( we called them scenarios back then) with sound added. In some spots I would describe the surrounding country and I always described where the train was going next. I always included talk between the train foreman and the engineer and always had chatter between the yard office or yard tower and a train about to depart or arrive. I produced nearly four dozen scenarios and they seemed to be popular. I would never have considered releasing a scenario without chatter among the rail workers and will soon be releasing a few sound-containing sessions created with the newest version of the TPR session creation system (SCS 2013). If you think sound on your Trainz route is not realistic, don't download my creations. Personally, I consider the pop up messages in Trainz about as realistic as life on the planet Venus:p
Gary

In Railworks 3 there is some radio chatter in the American locos, but not the others. I wonder if there is a way to make on screen pop-ups recordings instead of words, to give a "this is dispatch" feel. What do you think?

Back