Spreckels, one sweet town

bl4882

Hi fellow Trainzers :wave:

I'm working on a route in California on the SP Coast Division from San Jose to Salinas and a bit south. Thanks to Fishlipsatwork for the terrain, BTW. South of Salinas was a massive sugar refinery owned by the Spreckels sugar company. Adjacent to that to the north was a small company town named Spreckels, which still exists though the factory is gone. I'm working on doing a representation of it as it might have appeared in the 50s when the factory was a going concern.

I already have quite a bit of material, but none of the maps and photos I have been able to find give solid info on the location of the major civic buildings. I already have good info on the appearance and nature of the structures, but nothing that gives a clear picture of exactly where they were, and Google Earth and Terraserver are anachronistic for my needs.:confused:

I never was a rivet counter, even in my brick-and-mortar (?) model railroading days, but I wouldn't want to put the Post Office or saloon entirely out of place.

Any info or pointers to material on these or other details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bernie

Back