Spline Track Object?

UncleBuck

Is there such a thing?

Is it at all possible to have a spline that attaches to a track so it runs parallel to the track at a given offset?

I haven't found anything like that on the DLS so I suppose it is not possible, but I thought I would ask (just in case).

Cheers

We used to be able to attach a spline to track but that no longer works. This was great for making an electrified third-rail track.

We used to be able to attach a spline to track but that no longer works. This was great for making an electrified third-rail track.
Having a senior moment here but I don't remember that. The only thing I used to do and still do is attach trackside objects to tracks. everything from signals, speed boards to loading platforms to surveyor guides to place other things like more tracks at specified offsets.

Having a senior moment here but I don't remember that. The only thing I used to do and still do is attach trackside objects to tracks. everything from signals, speed boards to loading platforms to surveyor guides to place other things like more tracks at specified offsets.

This container worked but no longer does according to some recent posts. I haven't verified since the posts about it not working but that doesn't surprise me either.

attached-splines
{
third-rail
{
follows-spline-gradient 1
lateral-offset 2
spline-kuid <kuid:61015:37032> (substitute the one of your choosing)
use-same-direction 1
visual-only 0
}

I don't recall that container, it wasn't mentioned in the Index of Tags and Containers from TrainzOnline in 2010. -I made a local copy.
If I understand the OP's request, he wants to add a spline to an existing track at an off-set. distance Since it is part of a Config file, it is hardly dynamic, something that could be applied in Surveyor. The track config would have to be modified, preferably on a cloned copy or else every instance would be affected. Something I doubt the average user would do.

Looking further, I see the Procedural Tracks have this container. Should have remembered, having built a few :oops:
attached-splines
{
rail_left
{
lateral-offset -0.751
use-same-direction 1
spline-kuid <kuid:523:19723342>
visual-only 1
}

rail_right
{
lateral-offset 0.751
use-same-direction 1
spline-kuid <kuid:523:19723343>
visual-only 1
}

sleepers
{
lateral-offset 0
use-same-direction 1
spline-kuid <kuid:523:19723344>
visual-only 1
}

chairs_left
{
lateral-offset -0.751
use-same-direction 1
spline-kuid <kuid:523:19723345>
visual-only 1
}

chairs_right
{
lateral-offset 0.751
use-same-direction 1
spline-kuid <kuid:523:19723346>
visual-only 1
}
}
So again it's a config thing. The track needs to be built with the added spline, not something that is attached later.

Looking further, I see the Procedural Tracks have this container. Should have remembered, having built a few :oops:

So again it's a config thing. The track needs to be built with the added spline, not something that is attached later.
Actually, we used to be able to do this after the fact but that no longer works by adding in the container.

Back