Speedtrees by Russian creators - name translations

Table updated with gr_rogoz = Grass Cattail.

Just a side note; I've been informed that Roy Joosten and RMM collaborated in getting v6 speedtrees produced. Roy's versions are the DLS (all start with "Roys_" under author ID 122860). Most of Roy's speedtrees include both the Russian and English translations in the username. They are seasonal (unlike the RMM set). Big thanks to both RMM and Roy.

~

Last edited:
This is great news! Thank you Roy and RMM! Is the set Roy's working on complete? I believe he had plans on converting all of pofig's trees to TANE compatibility. A large task but much appreciated.

Last edited:
This is great news! Thank you Roy and RMM! Is the set Roy working on complete? I believe he had plans on converting all of pofig's trees to TANE compatibility. A large task but much appreciated.

This is a great job by both and I sure like using these trees. When I bring over my big routes, it'll make thins a lot easier with upgraded trees as it saves time doing a replacement in TS12 then again later in T:ANE.

Roy is still working steadily on the Pofig conversions. He 'lent' me a beta copy of his conifers and they look stunning and I can't wait to see them in full production.

John

This is a great job by both and I sure like using these trees. When I bring over my big routes, it'll make thins a lot easier with upgraded trees as it saves time doing a replacement in TS12 then again later in T:ANE.

Roy is still working steadily on the Pofig conversions. He 'lent' me a beta copy of his conifers and they look stunning and I can't wait to see them in full production.

John

Nice to hear. I do have a question. My large route is in TS2010. I plan on skipping TS2012 and go straight to TANE. Should I be able to use the replace asset tool in TANE for all my old pofig trees?

Sadly Dricketts...NO. I have thousands of his trees and vegetation items populating my routes. Hopefully he will upgrade to Version 6 speedtree or we will have to replace with billboards then transfer layouts to TANE. Begin the laborious task of re populating by replacing billboards with some of the newer speedtrees now beginning to appear on DLS. A long and very frustrating process. I have heard on the forum that Pofig will eventually upgrade his assets to the latest version speedtree. But until then I am sitting on TRS 2010.

Sadly Dricketts...NO. I have thousands of his trees and vegetation items populating my routes. Hopefully he will upgrade to Version 6 speedtree or we will have to replace with billboards then transfer layouts to TANE. Begin the laborious task of re populating by replacing billboards with some of the newer speedtrees now beginning to appear on DLS. A long and very frustrating process. I have heard on the forum that Pofig will eventually upgrade his assets to the latest version speedtree. But until then I am sitting on TRS 2010.

Hmm... I guess I'm missing something. Won't the route still load into TANE with Pofig's trees? I would assume they just wouldn't be visible in game and show faulty like assets do in TS2010.

Only problem, the tree(<kuid2:211025:20214:1> st_rmm_kust16-d5_s_547_10m) all the way on the right was placed all the way to the left next to the little bush.
There is a placement problem.

Harold

It is specially made tree for my route. It is shifted relative to the center of 35 meters. There is exactly the same without the "s" in the title made no shift.

I'm thinking of using some sort of marker system to replace trees. Maybe using reskinned signs with numbers that represent a specific old pofig tree. Replacing each pofig tree with it's corresponding numbered sign in TS2010.

Then load the route into TANE and use the asset replace tool after I've found a suitable new speedtree substitute for each old pofig tree. I'd have some concerns though. I have a lot of trees, bushes, and grass that have been strategically placed with consideration given to height. Especially close to track and other structures. I hope this will translate with the asset replace tool.

Replaced the pofig speedtrees in CheckRails Evansville route.

Just replace the pofig trees in TS12 with similar billboards and then replace those with T:ANE Speedtrees.

These are mcquirels freeware on the DLS.

Took about an hour.

ev2_2.jpg

The only ones that don't translate are the rows of bushes. Probably can find a substitute.

No different than changing out billboards to get a route to run better, CheckRail's EK3 with RMM speedtrees:

ek3a_rmm1.jpg

Speedtrees run better than billboards in T:ANE. Jumping from consist to consist with billboard trees causes the game to "choke" and lose assets.

Harold

Last edited:
I'm still confused as I don't have TANE yet. Why is there the need to replace with billboard trees in prior versions first? Why not simply load the route in TANE with pofig's old speedtreez then use the replace asset tool?

Is there a technical issue that doesn't allow this procedure?

I'm still confused as I don't have TANE yet. Why is there the need to replace with billboard trees in prior versions first? Why not simply load the route in TANE with pofig's old speedtreez then use the replace asset tool?

Is there a technical issue that doesn't allow this procedure?
The pofig trees don't show up as they are the wrong version.

If you don't replace the billboards and jump from one consist to another on the route this happens:

jumping.jpg

Am running Steam Hotfix2(beta) and the game runs great with speedtrees unlike the earlier versions of Trainz.

Replaced the pofigs in Reading and Northern TS12 with mcguirel's freeware speedtrees:

rn_st1.jpg

Replaced the pofig's in TS12 with TS12 built-in ones, makes them easier to find and replace them in T:ANE

Harold

I understand Pofig trees don't show up but why does this matter? Who needs them to show up in game to use the replace asset tool in TANE. One could just make a simple list or notes of pofig's trees and a corresponding tree or shrub that is similar and TANE compatible.

My point is why go to all the extra work to replace them with billboard trees in 2010 or 2012 first? Just load the route in TANE and start using the replace asset tool. I'm assuming the tool works similar in TANE as it did in 2010. The assets do not need to be visible to use the replace asset tool correct?

Last edited:
I understand Pofig trees don't show up but why does this matter? Who needs them to show up in game to use the replace asset tool in TANE. One could just make a simple list or notes of pofig's trees and a corresponding tree or shrub that is similar and TANE compatible.

My point is why go to all the extra work to replace them with billboard trees in 2010 or 2012 first? Just load the route in TANE and start using the replace asset tool. I'm assuming the tool works similar in TANE as it did in 2010. The assets do not need to be visible to use the replace asset tool correct?

The replace assets tool requires you to be able to select the asset that you want to replace. Since faulty assets don't show in game, you can't select them, hence the need for the intermediate step in TS12.

R3

The replace assets tool requires you to be able to select the asset that you want to replace. Since faulty assets don't show in game, you can't select them, hence the need for the intermediate step in TS12.

R3

And to add to this, we can thank IDV for the mess. The company that makes Speed Trees made it so lower versions, such as Version 5 are not compatible with Version 6 and up. This requires game developers to update their trees to work with the new versions. This is probably fine, well and good, for the big game houses such as EA or CodeMasters who work on fixed environments and control their content, but for worlds like ours, it requires a lot more work and a lot more expense on the developer's part with licensing. It was nice for N3V to supply the tree-creators with a license to do this. I looked into purchasing the program myself and it was more than I can afford.

So unless there's a direct replacement between what's in TS12 and what's in T:ANE, and there are quite a few now, we're stuck doing and interim billboard to SpeedTree.

John

Thanks guys. It's been a bit since I've used the tool or even launched Trainz. I was thinking you could drag the asset over to the replace asset window even though it was red and didn't appear in game.

RMM, thanks kindly for the trees. I really like the cattails and will be using them a lot!

Deane, thank you for producing the chart.

Cheers,
Jack

Just make a list of the kuids in T12 or T:ANE, and you can replace by kuid #.

John

That's what I've done.

The other way is to use setup a pick list in TS12 CM of all the Pofig trees that need replacing then setup a blank area on the route and use that as a scratch area. Place a few trees, find the appropriate replacement, replace assets and remove the old ones from the pick list.

Once you get the hang of the process it goes pretty quickly.

Back