South Shore Harbor Line

History of old railroads are one of my favorite things to study. Especialy the history of railroads such as the new york central railroad which was abandoned in the early 70's.

This route how ever had the same fate, taking place in the Shore side city. The line running the South Shore Harbor line (A terminal Railroad and inter city switching company) used to be own by a major carier back in the 80's.

The route is only a couple of base boards right now but I plan on expanding the line much larger.

much of the route takes place in the city and theres sidings for factorys and buisness's everywhere which means alot of switching. I havent made a yard for it yet...and there is a passenger line there that only operates a local service at the moment. As the route expands service and scheduals will also expand...At the moment the line uses Ex BNSF and SP Units :D

Heres some pictures

1370.jpg

1372.jpg

1374.jpg

1373.jpg

1375.jpg

1376.jpg

1377.jpg

1378.jpg

Enjoy :D

Excellent screenshots, and I love the use of the grass around the tracks, very impressive and obviously a lot of work (are they Jan's Grasses ?? ). I love the sunset/rise in the last image.

Congratulations.

Craig
:):):)

Some cool looking shotz.

The use of the buildings, powerlines and 2nd track in the first post are awesome and creates a great effect.

The New York Central has not been abandoned the company was merged with the Pennsylvania and continues on though it is an investment company now. The successor company to Penn Central has managed to annoy New Yorker's from time to time over the terms of the leases of some of its track and facilities the squabble occassionally makes the local papers.

Many of the routes of the former NYC have been abandoned but many are also intact operated by others.

I like them first few pix ya got there with the train on top like that :)...Reminds me of something ya would see in Milwaukee :)

The ill fated penn central railroad abandoned operations and well care of the engines and tracks owned by the railroad...which eventualy went to other railroads at the time.

The manhattan railroad would be a good representation of what I'm trying to create...a city that uses the rails for transport of inner city goods. Sidings everywhere for factorys everywhere and such are the idea. With this route your job will have to be to dis assemble frieght trains and send them to there proper factorys...only to recollect them along the line and assemble them again to be sent out side of the city. Major switching work lol. Or ride a passenger train with second hand equipmnt, managing to stay out of the way of switchers and other frieght trains that may pass by the area.

At the moment there isn't any paticular release date but the route itself is free...a payware package of the route with switched scenery (more detailed scenery that I will create specificaly for this route), a bunch of sessions, and reskins of my own content for this railroad will be availible also.

Happy independence day to all of my patriot friends and may god bless the united states

Some Hand-Me-Down GP40-2's just arrived from the factory, with Brand new Traction motors some of them will handle switching while the rest handle passenger service :D

1396.jpg

My Own personal Loco

1397.jpg

1398.jpg

This is amazing !

Congrats to the author.

Those screenies show a top notch realism level. I guess it will be hard to keep this level, so, take your time as you work on your very well done route.

Best regards,

André.

Back