Someone please create a track like this ... with realistic sounds

Watching older track flex under load can be thrilling, especially if you are close by. If someone does create such track, don't forget a 2m version, please, and make it bendy.

Bernie

I didn't mean for someone to create an up and down flexing track ... these videos just had some really noisy 40 foot railjoint sound effects.

Allot of Trainz tracks are immaculately clean, like they were just laid yesterday ... however most prototype RR tracks are really dirty and weathered, ballast and weed strewn in real life.

I'm very slowly working on a VR 'standard' set of Tracks. Starting with 32ft 55lb/yd tracks, then working through various heavier rails (including different joint spacings).

One rather useful function I've found in the stitched track system for TS2009+ is the ability to 'swap' between the full length 32ft track, and a shorter track (I think it's 2.4m or something) when needed, either for when the long mesh isn't going to stretch correctly, or when the distance is under 32ft.

As to sound, an extra track-sound could be added to improve the sound of the rails. However, it doesn't remove the old 'clickety clack' (although most track-sound assets will be a little louder than this anyway...).

Zec

Not quite as bad as PennCentral (which was a standing derailment ... just waiting to happen).

RicketyTrackTwoBitRR.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the track by SAM. The SAM track is really awesome. There is a lot of nice detail, yet it doesn't kill the frame rates. Now the only thing needed is the sound you like. That would make it even better.

John

Doesn't the Romanian track come with a better jointed sound? Unfortunately I believe this can only be downloaded from a third party site and hasn't been made available on the DLS.

O my, I clicked on the links and found myself clicking on this and that THREE HOURS later..lol..I just could not stop...Thanks a lot...lol

I found one called 132# jointed rail high-ballast (I think) that looks gorgeous, but can't remember where I found it. One of the external sites.

I think that 132# jointed rail high-ballast is either at USLW or Jointed Rail ... but does it have a click clack freight train 40' railjoint sound ?

I like the RTS RomanianTrainzStudo track: Sine CFR v2.0, http://www.trainzro.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=41&Itemid=56 but it seems a bit fast, out of sync with actual train speed (which is easily fixed by manipulating the numerals in the config file), and too is sounds more in sync to a passenger train ... an not a freight train.

Last edited:
I think that 132# jointed rail high-ballast is either at USLW

I was thinking they had some matching ballast ground texture for 132# Jointed Rail Track High Ballast. Anyone know for sure. I can't even find the track anymore at USLW and I have the track just looking for the matching ground texture.

Back