snap to grid? please

tonaz

hello ppl!
i tried to serch but didnt found anything.
is there a way to snap to the ground grid while creating tracks or objects splines?
thanks!

I've got a tip in my little black book that says, "Snap to grid: hold down ALT while moving objects..."

I'm not in TRS06 at the moment, but I wonder if that works? :confused:

I've got a tip in my little black book that says, "Snap to grid: hold down ALT while moving objects..."

I'm not in TRS06 at the moment, but I wonder if that works? :confused:

it does not.

Pendolino, what exactly do you mean? thanks!

I should look at the CCG, but I'm at work now ;) .

If you add to the config.txt file of an object these two tags:

snapmode (value = 0 or 1) the object will snap to the grid intersection or to the center of the squares, according to the value you set.

snapgrid (value = any number) you define the number of metres the object can move every time you move it.

If you set snapgrid to 10, the object will move in 10-metre steps.

I'll send a more accurate post tonight when I'll be back at home.

Cheers

I should look at the CCG, but I'm at work now ;) .

If you add to the config.txt file of an object these two tags:

snapmode (value = 0 or 1) the object will snap to the grid intersection or to the center of the squares, according to the value you set.

snapgrid (value = any number) you define the number of metres the object can move every time you move it.

If you set snapgrid to 10, the object will move in 10-metre steps.

I'll send a more accurate post tonight when I'll be back at home.

Cheers

thanks a lot!
but i would like EVERY objects to snap.
so it may took one year to modify every config.txt

Has this ever been resolved? I'd love to have at least the option to snap to the grid when placing tracks, splines, and objects, especially when I want to make straight tracks that are supposed to run parallel or objects placed symmetrical to each other.

You can disable snap to grid, which requires a manual placement of dighole, usually by altering the config file of the tunnel height to be -1 ... I absolutely hatz' snap to grid assets

Download "Tunnel3_1 voie" and I can tell you how to fix it, so that it goes straight

"Snap to Grid" is something that should have never been invented

Back