Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

I guess I'll jump in with my own fictional route. I haven't done much with route-building lately and this is one of only 4 route projects I ever started. The Hood River & Pacific is a fictional logging and mining shortline along the Hood River in Oregon. I've so far got most of the trackwork for V1 finished and left one end open so I can extend the route at a later date. Currently the engine terminal and yards are half finished. In these photos, a A-B set of ex-ATSF F7s, still in their original ATSF paint and number, sit alongside a preserved PRR A5 0-4-0. The F7s are now classed as F7Rs, having their trucks and prime mover replaced.

Really appreciate the kind words!

The roads are indeed the AASHTO series by George Fisher on the DLS, though it did take a lot of manipulating to make the lanes look decent enough. Many many spline points!

ab6fb00bbb1636166d856a56683faf13.jpg

5a5d9d5996fa6be3e84b5a7089ba923f.jpg

And the track is not available, just JR's track with the ballast texture from another track added.

Added a bit more, still working on minimizing the amount in a scene, and using backdrops effectively. Need to get some vehicles placed, noticing now how empty some of the scenes look!

88d9e2c135f73a578f435212af1d4471.jpg

df4326b08fb4c796a585c75d2c3031b8.jpg

a38f39b0eab1f2665b02bf9505aeee8d.jpg

That's some tidy spline work Conrail :)

Something I've been working on, a waste water treatment plant with rail supplied chemicals.

d54le43t.m1r.jpg

oljfh5tp.pwo.jpg

msrhfihm.zsf.jpg

cpolxggt.y4x.jpg

Liquid transloading depot on another part of the route

gj3ltr15.22f.jpg

Small town with interchange to the waste water plant

fb2mstui.ha5.jpg

beautiful Conrail and Eso! I wish that NS short hood was available. :'( But RRMODS has a new Gp38-2 out so maybe they'll make one. :D

More progress, west end of Gallitzin, PA (the wye) to the east end of Cresson, PA

Gallitzin, the wye was removed and replaced with a third mainline track.
O6UVdXh.jpg

The merge point at the outskirts of Gallitzin, it goes from a four track main paralleling a three track main to a seven track main.
vXLe2Sn.jpg

Cresson, PA's funky interlocking that would probably never happen in real life, the 7 track main quickly jumps down to 4 tracks and will eventually split several yards down into the 15 track yard, loco shed, and wye, it might be awhile though because now I'm turning my focus to Altoona, I need to do the yard and shops.
9eBIvsb.jpg

Thanks! I wish it was really like this, I'm having a great time working on it though. It can get stressful trying to get stuff looking right but overall it turns out great.

Looks great! My version looks a lot like that, sans track :hehe:. Haven't gotten that far yet. Are you doing it in the PRR era or modern day?

Thanks! I'll probably do one of each, with the only major difference being how the cities look, I'm currently working on the modern version.

Thanks! I'll probably do one of each, with the only major difference being how the cities look, I'm currently working on the modern version.
Here is a link to a sight that has an interactive aerial map. You can select from actual aerials or topo maps. Its helped me a lot and I hope it can help you too. Also, you might be able to find interlocking diagrams online too. Good luck! http://www.historicaerials.com/aeri...77.616302490234&lat=40.610939025879&year=2007

Some of my personal fictional part of the NEC:

24vvgwz.jpg

1znpjq1.jpg

29q1wgk.jpg

The route is not finished.
I will make more screenshots of this route when i have time for it.

Last edited:
Back