Should I buy now or wait?

corey9212

I have been a trainz fan since the 2006 version and am ancious to buy 2009 but am wandering if it is worth it to buy now or wait till engineer edition comes out (whenever that will be.) I read a lot about WBE being buggy and want a smooth ride when I do get it. Can anybody throw me suggestions weather to wait or buy now?

Thanks.

Buy !!! (& if you are worried about bugs, just get the fly spay out and give ya room a squirt)... That should get rid of them !!! :hehe:

Whilst they haven't sorted out all the bugs yet, they have made some good progress & WBE is alot better with SP1 (& the recent patches).
If you are into building or changing routes, you are going to need both WBE & EE sooner or later.
By making it sooner, you'll be helping Auran with "cash flow". Which intern increases the probability of them having the resources to continue devoloping EE which should be out later on this year... (note; EE won't have "Surveyor").
Remember there's a global ressession on, and Auran like all other small businesses out there, needs "cash flow" to "survive"...
Cheers, Mac... ;)

Last edited:
Well, I don't think you need to rush out and buy it right now. I would advise you wait until 2009 is at it's final version before parting with your cash.

Don't Buy

I too am a long time Trainzer and just bought TrainZ 2009. Unfortunately it crashes when I try to run it and the Help Desk people offered me little help at all other than "it must be your system".:(

So now I am trying to return it and get my $ back. So far no luck. I can't even find on the site where the refund policy is located! Also, the Helpdesk has not answered my message in two days!

I am not a statisfied customer. Fortunately Trainz 2006 runs well on my system, so I got that goin for me.

Back