Shiny effects and reflections seem to be gone...

Hey guys. I´m happy to see that the m.reflect issues I had with the previous version have been fixed now! My assets don't appear dark anymore, and it's looks much nicer overall. Thumbs up! Now there's this thing: in the previous version, there were shiny effects on some of my engines (see picture 1) and with this current version, all the shiny effects seem to be gone (picture 2). Even the shiny reflections from the built in tracks are gone. I really hope these shiny reflections come back again, cause they looked really good on my assets.

https://postimg.cc/QBRDNxzW
https://postimg.cc/qzC8gmgh

Last edited:
I´m happy to see that the m.reflect issues I had with the previous version have been fixed now!

Gosh, I wish I could say that.

GcAwKV5.jpg

ksR67kq.jpg

Actually, it's not affecting every asset. The K&L engine to the right looks great, as do all my K&L's. The Trainboi1 steamers also are really nice. I took these shots 10 minutes ago and hadn't noticed any further updates to my TRS2019.

Best,
smyers

Hi All
There has only been one update to the TRS19 Early Access release at this time (not including any beta builds :) ).

We have made substantial changes to the handling of legacy materials, but this will always be a somewhat generic handling, so not every asset can look perfect. The look still depends on how the asset is configured (what type of material it uses, how the material is configured, and then how the relevant textures are then setup/painted, including specular maps and 'reflection intensity' maps), and as such some assets that may have unusual configurations (or incomplete or invalid configurations) may not always work as expected.

In the case of the ultra shiny objects, it appears that if they lack a specular map (or at least a reference for a specular map), Trainz is defaulting to setting these to have no smoothness (so full specular). Our team is investigating this particular issue to see if they can find a code fix for it :)

Regards

Last edited:
Back