Sewing a route back together

rick1958

Ok, here's one for ya....
I have a long route that I want to cut a section out of the center and bring the two ends together. (I'm aware of track location and height issues...that's already worked out)
Each half is too big for a cut 'n paste operation
I know I could delete each half seperately and save each half as a new route then merge them, but even that would take a long time to delete all the boards on each half.
I think the answer is...there isn't one, but thought I'd ask before I start deleting boards.
BTW...I don't know if there's an easier way, but I found the only way to be certain a board is completely gone is to first cut 'n paste a blank board over it. There's always a little stuck-on residue left behind after deleteing the board that leaves a tree out there floating in space. Even then, sometimes, you have to paste the blank board several times to clear everything:(:D

Last edited:
With TRS22 and below, there's no easy way other than to delete the boards one at a time.

The remaining chaff is annoying and the only way around that is to clean up first before removing the baseboards. What I do is I'll copy a blank area but not select terrain height and textures. I'll then use that to "delete" large swaths of content before deleting the baseboards. This prevents the floaters such as trees, bits of track and small chunks of roads from remaining.

If you had TRS22+, you could use Surveyor 2.0 to do this. With that, you can marquee over an area and select multiple baseboards to first delete the contents and then delete the baseboards afterwards.

Once you do this, you then have to merge the parts together. Since you can then cut and paste the huge chunks in this version, you can try that method, but I found that to be a bit clunky and it's easier to merge the parts together the old-fashioned way.

Thanks for that. I guess it's time to start deleting and merging.
I've kicked around purchasing '22 but S2 is really the only thing I'd gain.

Back