Setting up overhead wires for a trm or trolley.

I am looking to set up a simple loop route for a couple of trolleys/ trams. So far I have found an asset that "plugs" into the track (like a signal does) bun no splines of a gantry and attached wire.

I realize the overhead wire is purely decoration, but I still want the pantograph to look like it is attached to it in any drive by screenshots I might take.

Are there any splines like this? Is there a video or tutorial I can follow?

please and thank you for your help.

There are a number of catenary splines on the DLS of differing heights. They are scenery so just place the spline point in the same location as the track spline points. Look for Blackpool for Blackpool trams and poles and even a route.

Look for the trolley poles (Tram poles) and other assets by Paul Z. May. paulzmay is his username. Paul made a whole series of track-object trolley poles that snap to the track. You then take a 20 meter spline wire and align your spline points at the trolley poles. This works quite well, but there's a lot of work.

The alternative to this is the catenary system by BlackDiamond64.

These begin with BDW L&WV Trolley Pole and are splines that you drag along in one piece. There are 4 different kinds as well as other wire splines.

As others have said, there are various catenary pole and wire splines to choose from. I have found them to be easier to work with than using track object poles with wiring added manually. With any of these splines, you will need to use the same techniques for these as is used for track or road spline (using the straighten tool).

But these splines vary - vintage trolley vs contemporary trams/light rail, trolley pole wire vs pantograph style, height of wire to top of trolley pole/pantograph and probably other variables. My suggestion is to choose your trains first before searching the DLS for suitable splines that will look good.

Back