Session for IndustRail 1a - to explore and set up AI trainz

philskene

I have uploaded a session for IndustRail 1a for exploring the route and to provide a template for AI train operations. In this session all AI trainz are northbound.

If a task is required, load the auto racks at the yellow loading ramp at the north end of Lys. Unload a third of the autos at each of the auto unloading ramps in the warehousing precinct just south of Galore, behind the Teamsters Yard at Dunedin, and at Invercargill. The empty auto racks can be left at these locations.

Note: Three yellow markers represent a LARS section of track; two ProtoLARS. Freight cars will load or unload when stationary on a LARS section. If one car in the consist has been stationary on a ProtoLARS section for one minute, all freight cars in the consist will load or unload in sequence.

I have found that the number of AI trainz and the composition of the AI trainz both have a significant impact on frame rates. As could be expected, the more AI trainz the greater the impact; long AI trainz using high-poly rolling stock have a greater impact than short low-poly trainz.

In this session Central Portal Control has been configured to generate relatively short low-poly trainz at 10 minute intervals. This works well on my single core P3.2 but can be easily reconfigured through CPC for those with a more powerful PC (I suspect that this is CPU rather than graphics card limited).

CPC is accessed in Surveyor by clicking on the Edit Session Rules radio button at the top left of the screen, highlighting Central Portal Control in the window that appears, and selecting Edit. Reconfigure as required.

The two significant advantages of using Central Portal Control over configuring individual portals is that configuration can be done without locating the portals on the map and CPC will emit a train immediately upon entering the session.

The signaling on the route will allow running AI trainz at 5 minute headways over the main route, and at 3 minute headways from the portals that generate AI trainz through the two terminal stations. CPC can be used to easily select the AI train frequencies and composition that provide acceptable frame rates.

In Driver, click between the brackets at the top left of the screen to configure Set Driver Conditions Rule. This Rule can be used to change the time of day and weather conditions. The session begins in early morning but Set Driver Conditions can be used to change to, for example, stormy nightime while remaining in Driver.

All the items of rolling stock needed by the session will be downloaded from the Download Station when the session is installed.

You have the choice of driving an Australian steam locomotive or British or North American diesel locomotives. Remember to refuel the steam locomotive before leaving the loco depot. Loco facilities have been configured to provide water, coal, sand and diesel as appropriate.

Maps and a readme are included in the folder containing the session.

Look for this thumbnail:

IR_1a_AINbound.jpg

Phil

Hi Phil!
Great route by the way.......
I also read in the read me files about the DRIVE TO command not working....

I found that true when I tried a test session in trs2006........

So I decided to americanize it a bit signals and jct levers etc....
And apparently in my toying around mode and experiences in 2006 I got the DRIVE TO command to work properly........

Anyways a late complement on great frame rates also runs really smooth....

thnx Dave =)

Back