Send Through the iportal, Quick!

polywogs

Send Through the iportal, Quick
send to user "polywogs"
destination iPortal id "Brett"
I need at least ten "Woodchips_Gondola" full of chips! Quickly or I'm dead in the water!
Thanks
polywogs:confused:

i know theres time difrencances and most users have live be sides the computer but i havent seen any one on iportal/ichat for about a month

Well somebody knows how to use it because I received the requested cargo. I like the software, it is challenging. It is also supposed to be FUN! Please put me on your ignore list, I worked with a person that derailed TWO trains before they were fired from the RR and I never ignored him.

Oh by the way, Thank-you somebody for the consist. it went to Bayou Country and made my neighbor leave. Were slow at work so I use the cold winter days to write software and Trainz to take think breaks. The project is a homemade CNC machine that interfaces windows to a Scenix microcontroller. I want to build an interface to RR HO train using the same technology. It's open source and can be found in the Parallax forums.

You know what, if you two old stick in the muds ask for a consist and I saw your request I would take the time to assemble them and send it. I have a special rail yard to do it, do you?

I don't have a clue how to use iportal. Am only still new . comment about ignore list not directed at you, read between the lines :hehe:

Excuse me paul502, I was rood and apologies. The iPortal is a really neat idea, and I sympathize with the authors because I under what it takes to build the network layer using the com objects they used. I think that it is up to us to list what we like and the changes to the network layer of the simulator and forward the ideas to the Trainz Team. One idea that I would be sure some have had is to have the ability to automatically list the TRS on an open server if desired and exchange with anyone not on an ignore list.

I will workout how to use iportal someday , i do have a lot of downloaded loco's & stock. Am i right in thinking that the user has to have the same consists/ stock on there pc as the sender? most of my stock is UK stock.

Yeah, someone is actually having fun with Trainz and you two old Stick In The Muds (or is that Sticks In The Mud) try to shoot him down. For shame!!

There are maps from Trainz in your list that show different portals, go to Driver on one, for example "Tidewater North" and choose session "FreeformiPortal" and I'll attempt to send you a consist, mybe others will too. leave the iPortal id "Default" that's the name i'll send it too.

Do a search of industries while in Driver and look up the iPortal. I think it's listed as iPortalNorth, click the find that will take you there. Then holding the Ctrl key right click and bring up details about the end of the track. The iportal config should appear. you can then press "Create Train" to bring trains in without waiting for the timer.

I got it working but dont how to use it,ended up with huge derailment, will have to learn more about it , looks like great fun. thanks.

Back