Selling older trainz?

steve595

Is it possible to deregister your trainz software before selling it?

If this isn't possible and I did sell it is there any way it could cause any future problems for me as I would want to keep on registering any future trainz versions I buy so as I can download add ons?

Thanks

Hi Steve

I'm positive that you can't transfer your copy of Trainz to anyone else. The only way round this that I can see is to let the "purchaser" have your login and password and make a new one for yourself.

A bit dangerous though if you use a common password for other things though. (Although I don't think this can work either as the product(s) are linked to your name and address?)

Chris

Last edited:
it doesn't sound very good at all then does it, you would of thought Auran would of made allowances for this. At least then whoever bought the game second hand they might even consider buying future new versions, Auran would then gain from this. He might also find he would sell a lot more copies as well, by customers being happy to update their older trainz copies.

If I do sell second hand and didn't give out my registration details, am I right in saying the buyer would be able to track my login details, username and password etc because he already has the trainz serial number and access my trainz account.

Steve

I'm really not sure Steve, sorry, but if they have the original serial no for TRS2006 for example then I would have thought they could get it via CMP. (Can't speak for < 06)

Chris

it doesn't sound very good at all then does it, you would of thought Auran would of made allowances for this. At least then whoever bought the game second hand they might even consider buying future new versions, Auran would then gain from this. He might also find he would sell a lot more copies as well, by customers being happy to update their older trainz copies.

If I do sell second hand and didn't give out my registration details, am I right in saying the buyer would be able to track my login details, username and password etc because he already has the trainz serial number and access my trainz account.

Steve

Hello

As SandwichSpread said it is not possible to transfer your copy of Trainz to anyone else.

If you want to discuss this further contact helpdesk:

http://www.auran.com/helpdesk/login_f.php

Regards

Ahsan:)

thank you support,

I don't think that will be necessary as you have answered my question, Im just sad that there isn't a way of getting some money back from my old versions. I have older versions of microsofts flight simulators and I can sell them okay.

Oh well. :(

Is it possible to deregister your trainz software before selling it?

If this isn't possible and I did sell it is there any way it could cause any future problems for me as I would want to keep on registering any future trainz versions I buy so as I can download add ons?

Thanks
If you read your Trainz license agreement, you'll see that you can't sell it.

Auran has allowed gamers to donate their copy to a charitable organization providing that you contact Auran first.

Why not just keep them all? I have, and with them it's possible to keep track (no pun intended) of the full History of your Trainz experiences. Admitedly, I don't own 2006 or TC, but that is from choice.
I still get immense pleasure and satisfaction from TRS2004, so why change things now?
Anyway, let's just assume that you could unregister your older Trainz programmes, just how much do you think that you would "get back" on them, as you put it?

thank you support,

I don't think that will be necessary as you have answered my question, Im just sad that there isn't a way of getting some money back from my old versions. I have older versions of microsofts flight simulators and I can sell them okay.

Oh well. :(
Well, if you read the fine print in your MSFS, you're not suppose to sell them either....few people ever read the fine print.....when you buy a software program you are actually purchasing a license to use the program.....that license cannot be transferred or sold...:cool:

Storm in a tea cup

... just how much do you think that you would "get back" on them, as you put it?

Hi seward, I just checked on ebay and 'New, unopened, in the box' is offered for $14.99... I agree with you, that it's less trouble to just keep it.

...(rather baiting comment deleted to save MOD the trouble!)...:hehe:

MHO, Dave

Brand new 100% legitimate copies of TRS2004 and TRS2006 are readily available online in Britain for GBP5 each inc vat and delivery, so it's not worth selling or even giving away old copies IMHO if you live there.

John

Back