Seasons trouble

Thai1On

Slave to my route
I change the calendar dates, but I'm stuck in winter, and it won't change to any other season. Any suggestions?

Dave

I change the calendar dates, but I'm stuck in winter, and it won't change to any other season. Any suggestions?

Dave
Had something similar happen in SP1 , my environmental controls have gone completely haywire, some routes i have made in 2019 SP4 also revert to winter all the time even though i keep on changing the date , seasonal trees are bare even in summer !.

Check the following:-

There is an order of priority with dates in Routes and Sessions
DotPoint1.JPG
If the Route and the Session are saved with different dates, then the Session date will decide the visible season.
DotPoint2.JPG
If a Session does not have a saved date, then the Route date will decide the visible season.
DotPoint3.JPG
If no date has been saved in the Route and the Session, then today's date will decide the visible season.
This order of priority applies to all Environmental Settings except the World Origin (latitude, longitude, altitude) which only applies to a Route.
I am not experiencing any problems with the date and season in Trainz (except where the odd ground texture has an incorrectly set snow tag with the result that it snows on only those textures in summer).

Last edited:

Dave
I have an issue on one route where it's seemingly corrupted and even if I open versions I made a year ago, it's the same ......the environmental controls have disappeared and cannot be moved , it's ok on my pc though and there are no problems with the cdps saved from the Mac. It's a possibility theres corruption just in one route , have you tried changing the environmental settings in other routes?

Thank you for the help, everybody. It seems once I changed the snow line to 2k it fixed the problem. Thank you, John.

Dave

Thank you for the help, everybody. It seems once I changed the snow line to 2k it fixed the problem. Thank you, John.

Dave

That means you were mistakenly equating "snow" with "winter". In Trainz, winter is a season and defined by the time of year. Snow is treated independently from seasons and responds only to the snowline setting. This is N3V's way to avoid situations like snow in Phuket simply because it happens to be December. Therefore, textures and meshes meant for the winter season should not include snow.

Unfortunately, as pware has noted, there are some creators of seasonal assets that have fallen for the same mistake and made their "winter" (time of year) textures snowy. There are no validation checks that flag this as an error, so this mistake will continue to propagate and confuse everyone.

Last edited:
Back