Screenshot of The Week: December 20 to December 27 2015 (Narrow Gauge)

A Shay, a decent screenie of narrow gauge in India and a Garrat leaving a shared public road and you only give us one vote?

my, my, the times, they are a-changing.

well, I had to stop and think about flyboy559's screenie, for I realised it is a Shay with a decent level of detail and a hefty load behind it.

captainkman and the darjeeling screenie. A set of contrasts, modern India and old; the bus has luggage on the roof, the road is narrow, the cars behind the loco have that distinctive Indian Railways design of permanently open windows (how do they keep the carriages warm in winter? I know, wear kashmiri shawls! ) And then the train is passing the abode of a rupee millionaire who certainly has a view. A garish abode, nonetheless.

And then we have Ffestinog Heritage with rather unusual (for me) railway crossing boards, the Welsh version of crossbucks and the service is leaving a shared roadway - and of course, the image makes you look closer to see where the Garrat is going. You spy a platform. And to think I lived 30 minutes from Blaneau-Ffestinog 20 years ago and never went down there to have a look .... tsk, tsk.

Well, I will make up for my Blaneau-Ffestinog mistake and vote for peterwise - under protest, only one vote - my, my ... ...

Voting is now closed, thank you all for participating.

4 edh6
4 kingstonflyer
1 firemanflyn
1 sp9813
1 peterwise

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Back