Screenshot of The Week: December 20 to December 27 2015 (Narrow Gauge)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Well the original plan for this week was "Christmas", but that's been done alot of besides just about anything qualifies as a Christmas shot - even the ones without snow. So instead say hello to our fun-sized cousins the narrow gauge railroads from around the world. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on December 27 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

David Lloyd George passes Groby Junction with a Ffestinog Railway 12 coach summer service.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Tasmanian Government Railways English Electric Loco (42" Narrow Gauge) X17 is in charge of Train 171 as it passes through Mt Nicholas Siding on route to St Marys on the Fingal Line, c.1955

AN OLD ERA

firemanflyn_20151226_0007_1.jpg

The 3ft 6 gauge (42") is used by several National Railway Systems, New Zealand being one such Railway. One of the main advantages of the narrower gauges
is that it is far better suited for hill, and mountain, terrain, i.e. laying shorter radius curves, primary industry lines,etc.

Although the scene above is fictitious, it is prototypical of many Station/yard scenes found during the 50's & 60's in NZ.
Featured are twin (GM)Da engines, and a K class 4-8-4 (NZ built) locomotive.
Respects to Fender849 (NZ), and the late Billegulla (Aus), for their great NZRTS engines. And also 'Rugrat' for his URL logging cars.

Submissions are now closed. There are 8 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until January 4, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Voting for... edh6.

I though you always granted us 2 votes for 6-10 submissions (1 for 1-5 and 3 for 11+)?

Hi Onno. I thought that was a bit too "narrow" so I'm trying spreading it out a little to help make voting a bit more competitive for low-entry weeks; 10, 15, 25 for 1, 2 and 3 votes respectively.

Some very excellent shots this week. I would have participated this week if I'd had any narrow gauge stock.

Firemanflyn

Back