SC44 Charger Work In Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... This means that I can "STEAL" Steve Lerro's, or Dave Snow's mesh ... modify it's textures, and re-sell it for profit ? ? ?

This brings "THEFT" to a whole new degree !

Last edited:
To make things clearer again. I have gotten permission from Davesnow and R Hoods to use there parts. I'm not about to share our chat log. I've been sent the original gmax files from Davesnow. Only textures I am sell are the textures that are off the main body mesh a lot of the parts are mine and a lot of the parts are Daves the ones that are mine I am selling with in the reskin kit. The reskin kit dosen't include any mesh's just psd/photoshop files. I've said in my main post the models are going to be freeware.

When a creator makes a mesh, the texture files are also his/her work as directly tied to the original mesh.
Dave Snow who has offered probably the most content of any other creator has explicitly express NOTHING can ever be released as payware.

"only thing that is payware is the skinning kit" - Not sure what you are not comprehending

He (JSurfliner457) can sell his (JSurfliner457) texture files if he so pleases. Has nothing to do with the mesh just the textures that he created and is going to sell as reskin kit. Similar to what SRS does.

It seems that no one really understands the word "NO"

No release's of freeware, as Payware, "EVER"

No redistribution of OPA (OtherPeoplesAssets) as freeware, without explicit permission

No, No, No ...

BBBBBBButt ... It din't' say dat' in the config file ...

NO !

Do you get it now ? ? ?

Seems that everybody wants to steal somebody's asset ... copy, and modify it ... and re-sell it for profit ... What's wrong with that thinking ?

Everything, is wrong about that idea !

So ... This means that I can "STEAL" Steve Lerro's, or Dave Snow's mesh ... modify it's textures, and re-sell it for profit ? ? ?

This brings "THEFT" to a whole new degree !

There is no theft here, just people trying to start drama that isn't needed.

Last edited:
I'm not selling anything ---- not now, not ever.

I think he is creating his own model of the Charger with his own textures. He said something about using my parts on this locomotive. If that's the case, he cannot sell it.

If he wants to sell a reskin kit, it has to be ALL his OWN stuff. None of mine can be included.

Maybe he is just selling a "kit" with just his textures, I don't know. If that's the case I see nothing wrong with that. He gives away the Charger for free. Someone wants to reskin it so the reskinner buys the texture kit from JSurfliner, I don't know of anyone who ever would buy just a texture "Reskinng Kit" from anyone when, if they have the asset, all they have to do is re-color that model (or clone it and reskin it) and be done with it. I wasn't aware that SRS did this.

Thanks everyone for coming to my defense.

Cheers,

Dave Snow

As I've stated just my textures thats with my mesh's none of your stuff will be sold as I've told you via dm's. If anyone wants to reskin your parts to match they would half to go on the DLS to get your undercoated charger to do the skinning of your parts and find the corresponding parts in the mesh_body folder. I gotta make some cash some how on the amount of work I've spent on this charger getting the body mesh correct via the manual and all the texturing done. I am still working on my own bogies so its far from complete.

I'm not selling anything ---- not now, not ever.

I think he is creating his own model of the Charger with his own textures. He said something about using my parts on this locomotive. If that's the case, he cannot sell it.

If he wants to sell a reskin kit, it has to be ALL his OWN stuff. None of mine can be included.

Maybe he is just selling a "kit" with just his textures, I don't know. If that's the case I see nothing wrong with that. He gives away the Charger for free. Someone wants to reskin it so the reskinner buys the texture kit from JSurfliner, I don't know of anyone who ever would buy just a texture "Reskinng Kit" from anyone when, if they have the asset, all they have to do is re-color that model (or clone it and reskin it) and be done with it. I wasn't aware that SRS did this.

Thanks everyone for coming to my defense.

Cheers,

Dave Snow

It would seem that if you are: Using Dave Snow's assets (and other creators kuids) to complete your Charger, and that in your Charger's config file you are referencing Dave Snow's kuids (and other creators kuids), without their permission ... something sounds wrong here

Last edited:
Hello, I am currently working with JSurfliner457 to replace all assets that were used on the charge models at this point. The finalized model will not contain Davesnow's assets. We are sorry for the controversy.

First of all I did get there permission Dave isn't explaining that I pmed him asking permission and he granted it with sending the gmax files. But now that people can't really read right. I'm having new parts made. All I can do is show me and Davesnows chat log. Since he isn't coming thru saying I did ask him for permission and I half to share chat logs to defend my side.

8dc0f21a7dc989a60228ee6fb5b06afd.png

It would seem that if you are: Using Dave Snow's assets (and other creators kuids) to complete your Charger, and that in your Charger's config file you are referencing Dave Snow's kuids (and other creators kuids), without their permission ... something sounds wrong here

Hello, I am currently working with JSurfliner457 to replace all assets that were used on the charge models at this point. The finalized model will not contain Davesnow's assets. We are sorry for the controversy.

Replace all assets? Why don't you just make a new model entirely from scratch...?

More food for thought... Even with the mesh modifications/part additions or whatever you want to call it, you still can't sell the skins because it is still mapped to an original mesh that someone else made, whether it has modifications or not. Hell, you may still be using his map for all we know. Either way is a violation of Mr. Snow's license.

Also Mr. Snow is usually pretty good about allowing 3rd party contributions as long as they are of good quality and don't violate the licensing he put in place. If he isn't willing to come through and defend you on this project, then it sincerely leads me to believe that you may be trying to pull a fast one... But honestly, what else is new?

I give up. Are you guys sure you know what you're doing? Yes, being a nice guy, I sent you my original creation folder for my Charger. That dosen't imply that I GAVE it to you. It's still my property. And while we're revealing PM's to everyone:

Am I claiming it no. I gave you credits for the parts its fine I'm replacing them with newer parts someone is more kind enough to make. Such as grab irons and wipers as he specified eriler in the thread. I already messaged a mod this thread is getting closed. I've stated that new parts is getting created so.

BTW I'm done responding to this thread

Replace all assets? Why don't you just make a new model entirely from scratch...?

More food for thought... Even with the mesh modifications/part additions or whatever you want to call it, you still can't sell the skins because it is still mapped to an original mesh that someone else made, whether it has modifications or not. Hell, you may still be using his map for all we know. Either way is a violation of Mr. Snow's license.

Also Mr. Snow is usually pretty good about allowing 3rd party contributions as long as they are of good quality and don't violate the licensing he put in place. If he isn't willing to come through and defend you on this project, then it sincerely leads me to believe that you may be trying to pull a fast one... But honestly, what else is new?

I believe we are having a misunderstanding, the main body of the unit is JSurfliner's mesh, only small parts such as windshield wipers, iron grabs, and strobe lights were used on the model. JSurfliner thought he had the permissions to use these objects but did not, he was not trying to pull a fast one. When we are done the model will only contain our objects. As I said earlier I am very sorry for the confusion and controversy.

Why not make "your own" loco, and "your own" parts, instead of "replacing them with newer parts someone is more kind enough to make". "Such as grab irons and wipers"

Last edited:

No one is pulling any sort of fast one, but nice try to stir up the pot more.

Why not make "your own" loco, and "your own" parts, instead of "replacing them with newer parts someone is more kind enough to make". "Such as grab irons and wipers"

How about you just stop making things worse and encourage him rather than ripping him a new one for something that isn't even an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back