sailing ships and their sceneries

Barry

Just sailing ships, sailing barges, etc set in an approprite time and setting for them.

Anyway that is what I have mainly made, over the years with trainz, on and off, plus canal boats and barges.

The two main sceneries of mine are on DS set in 1830 and the other 1910 including the miles of Liverpool docks and estuaries,

Have considered expanding the canal side of it with horse drawn canal boats (on DS), as only included the beiginnings of the Leeds and Liverpool and Shropshire Union Canals in the last one..but considering all the factors, relative to Trainz, will just keep to to coastal sailing ships and sailing flats (barge with sail) c1800 on the river Mersey, Dee, and UK coastline. and can always make more sceneries in Trainz of the West Coast of UK as have for the sail simulator. Flattish areas don't make well with srtm2 data.

Easy enough now using Hog and Microdem and made suitable terrain in about 15 minutes of about 20 miles to include the Wirral Peninsula, Dee Estuary, around to Formby Point and river Mersey from New Brighton up to Runcorn area.

Anyway not a thread about routes as unlikely to upload further routes to DS but may upload the occasional sailing ship or sailing flat to it over time.
Making these in Blender now and export to gmax WITH texture as 3DS, for attachment points, etc.

Tutorials for Blender on my site and have also started off a small Trainz section which includes Hog/Microdem summarised tutorial, and details to export as 3ds with texture from Blnder into gmax.

www.barrywright.clara.net

May include screenshots of the route I just started as detailed above... over the months.

If this thread does not fit into this trainz forum, just delete it.

B

Hi Barry,

Looking forward to seeing those screenies!!!:wave:

Ish

Hello Ish. Todays big question (for your big buildings) how many routes are they now on 100? 1000?10000?11153?;)
Prize is a virtual trainz trip around Cape Horn in winter on a sailing ship;)

Barry
:)

Barry

Back