"Ruler" malfunctioning

ccowan2126

I cannot get any ruler to move or delete after using them. I can place a ruler anywhere I want at any time, however when trying to move it or delete I cannot "grab" it anywhere, no matter where I try. I have tried both ends, all around both ends, zooming out, zooming in, closing the menu, clicking ADD and MOVE and back to DELETE repeatedly. Nothing. HELP!!

You haven't stated the trainz version your using..... if your using SP1 HF4, I find it rather tricky to use the rule, I found I need to pan over it on different angles just to be able to delete/move it.

Cheers.

In TS12 SP1 HF4 deleting the ruler is simple if a little annoying - get directly above the ruler looking vertically DOWN. Then zoom out a fair distance then delete. It works every-time for me.

Get the point

In addition to getting directly overhead, click on one of the ruler points (or the text that appears next to it). My rulers won't respond if clicked on anywhere else.

I have found that if I click on the points of the ruler I can delete them. They have always had this issue from as long as I can remember.

Could be this...

One other possibility is that you may be trying to delete the ruler from the wrong flyout. (I've just made that mistake after a three week break!)

There are rulers available from the DLS which are object splines. I've just been trying to delete an "AMG ruler" spline using the Delete ruler (Y) button in the tools flyout.

Doh! :eek:

In TS12 SP1 HF4 deleting the ruler is simple if a little annoying - get directly above the ruler looking vertically DOWN. Then zoom out a fair distance then delete. It works every-time for me.

Thanks mate, this has been one of the most annoying things about HF1 for me haha

Back