Route won't load up coorectly

MarkNolan

Route won't load up correctly

Hi all,

I have a route I have been creating which has somehow wont load in surveyor properly. It just loads up and in surveyor freezes, if I try to do anything trainz 2012 crashes. Can anyone shed light on this please?

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

Do your other routes load up okay, or is just one you made? This maybe more than just your program acting up, that's why I ask.

John

John,

Just the one layout... I should have regularly saved it as Cdp but didn't. I tried reinstalling from Cdp but that had no effect.

Mark

Three possibilities are memory problems (not enough), faulty content or content not suitable for use in TRS2012.

tomurban

4th possibility is corrupted config.txt, way to find that out;

1 Create new route and save.
2. Open content manager, select new route.
3. Open new route for edit in explorer.
4. Select bad route, edit in explorer.
5. Copy all files except config.txt from bad route. Switch to explorer window for new route, paste, yes to overwrites.
Edit, commit. Go back to surveyor, see if the new route will load.

Way to find out if it's a faulty dependency, select bad route, View dependencies, view in main list. First thing is to see if anything has a red ! or yellow or red puzzle piece.

98989348.jpg

Jim,

Thanks, I tried that but the game crashed.

Further information about the route is that it is Dem Data generated and commenced in 2012. I have never experienced this issue with any other route and all other routes both mine and other creators work fine.

Back