Route upload to DLS

Clarification needed. After reading about how to upload an asset, it sounds rather simple. (Is it really?) To clarify, does the upload process collect all the assets associated /used with the route including third party assets (freeware not pay-ware type)?

Clarification needed. After reading about how to upload an asset, it sounds rather simple. (Is it really?) To clarify, does the upload process collect all the assets associated /used with the route including third party assets (freeware not pay-ware type)?

No if they are on the DLS then they will be downloaded if required ie not on the system already otherwise it's hunt the kuid.

Cheerio John

Thanks, but does that mean any third party asset I downloaded from the internet (not on the DLS) will be left out of the route? If yes, how do I tell people where to go on the web to get these assets (even if I could remember them all) since these assets are downloaded to my computer straight from a website. Can I upload somebody else’s asset that I did not create?

Thanks, but does that mean any third party asset I downloaded from the internet (not on the DLS) will be left out of the route? If yes, how do I tell people where to go on the web to get these assets (even if I could remember them all) since these assets are downloaded to my computer straight from a website. Can I upload somebody else’s asset that I did not create?
When uploading, you are only uploading the actual route file by itself. Any DLS assets will show "Available for Download" through reference in the routes config file. Assets that are not on the DLS may be linked, perhaps on an announcement page on the Freeware Announcements subforum. Assets not on the DLS that you have permission to distribute (either direct creator permission or creative commons license) can be linked to a Google Drive location or other such storage site. Assets that you have created for the route can be individually uploaded to the DLS or packaged for distribution from a storage site.
My Illawarra route announcement is a good example of linking https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165104-Illawarra-South-Coast-NSW-Australia
cheers

Back