Route Creation on a Mac with Google Maps / TransDEM etc...

rmapplebeck

Hello All,

Newb here. Just got Tane with the intention of building custom routes.

I have been reading some of the old posts on using Google Maps and TransDEM for more accurate route creation but they all seem specific to PC's
Sadly, Im new to the Mac world and not nearly as familiar with the Mac OS file structures as I am with PC's.

Can anyone point me the right way to start figuring this all about as to where to locate the file structure and what one has to do to create via Mac
or am I going to have to break out a PC machine, do the creation there and then transfer the completed track work to the Mac?

Thanks in Advance for any Help that any of you can provide.

Robert

I'm afraid you can't get Transdem for the Mac.
I use Google Earth on the iMac to make the images, then, using a memory stick, transfer to an old PC to do the Transdem work. The finished folder then goes back on to the memory stick, and to the iMac. The folder is then simply dragged and dropped into Content Manager. Whilst this may seem complicated, it isn't really, and you don't do it very often! I only mark in the basic route in the PC. All the actual track laying is done on the iMac.
I hope this helps.
Ian

Last edited:
I did find that out about TransDEM when I went to his web site to look into that software...
Dusting off a windows laptop tomorrow.

As for "Dragging and Dropping" the folder into the Content Manager, Is this the "Content Manager" thats is listed in the Start Up Menu?

and then just drag and drop in here?

Am I getting that right?

Robert

That would be it.

To be a bit more helpful, I add in the other columns such as installed and modified date. (Right click on the columns and add the ones you want.

Once installed date is there, click on the name to sort up or down in ascending or descending order. You would want descending order to show your most recent item, being your imported route, first at the top.

Back