Richard Branston's Present To The UK

jjqburch

Spaced Out
Apparently, with all the extra income generated after renaming one of his many franchises Virgin Records to zavvi.co.uk, Sir. Richard Branston Pickle has decided to splash out and offer the British public a present, much to the dislike of green campaigners...

Two replica Mallards will be servicing the West Coast soon.

Also, to help with increased amount of freight being transported by rail (due to those pesky fuel prices), and to establish a foothold in the rail freight market, four Deltics were recommisioned by Virgin to offer a helping hand:

The French have also been busy and helped the ATP-P restoration project on its way by offering it the job of Paris-St.Pancras on weekends:

Mr. Pickle however couldn't help himself, the pendolino just didn't quite satisfy his needs.. 'i think i'll have one of those too' he said merrily:

Good for him I say, it might influence some other folk to bring these ghosts of engineering back. Come to think of it, I couldn't help but turn my head when this couple of beauties went thundering down my local commuter route last monday:

Hehe, hope you liked those, I just thought whoever owned this site was making good use of his photoshop :Y: .

I found these at:
http://www.coxster.co.uk/railphotography/fakeliveries/index.htm

JB.

It's Sir Richard Branson.

I'm glad the real Mallards weren't vandalised with that livery.
:confused:

Last edited:
Having met Sir Richard personally a few years ago, I can guarantee that he would NEVER allow his corporate logo to be splashed across a locomotive of the CLASS of Mallard, or emblazoned on any other such British Institution......

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

colhad,
you missed the not to veiled sarcasm, Sir Richard Branston Pickle.
jjqburch,
nice to see a bit of light hearted humour instead of the I'm leaving etc.

It actually took me until the end of your post, after looking through all the pictures, to realize that it was fake.

Now I feel really stupid.

When I saw the first one, I was amazed at what someone could accomplish with Paintshop and too much free time. Thanks for the fun.

:cool: Claude

Back