Replacing tree groups

-Basti-

Hey guys,

i'm trying to rework an older route for T:ANE, in this route are tree groups used (an asset with multiple trees),
usually i like to use the replace-function in Trainz, but in this case, it would replace the tree groups with a single tree...

I know I could use the selection replace tool and paste a custom tree area step by step, but i'm looking for a easier way :D

Eg. i was thinking about adding a dummy asset that attaches tree assets and replace the tree group through the dummy asset.
When I delete the dummy asset in CM, will the attached tree assets stay? Or does this only work for splines?

Do you have any other ideas?

Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

I have replaced SpeedTree groups with single trees. The group is gone, but a single tree remains if this what you want.

I had to edit the config.txt file in Content Manager in order for the tree groups to appear in Surveyor.

You need to change the following line in the is container:

privileges
{
permit-listing 0 -----> Change to 1
}

You then commit the asset, but choose to overwrite the built-in asset.

The groups will now appear in your Surveyor content list and you'll be able to replace them as you wish.

Hope this is helpful.

John

Hi John,

I tried this with the asset "tree green group", but it only throws up a popup that tells me it is not authorised to commit the asset. Any thoughts?

Hi John,

I tried this with the asset "tree green group", but it only throws up a popup that tells me it is not authorised to commit the asset. Any thoughts?

Hmmm... It used to work... Let me check.

EDIT: It worked fine for me. I did this to the old SpeedTreeGroup_Gum_01,<kuid2:523:1121:1> included with TS2010 and TS12.

John

No, it doesnt help me replacing the one tree group asset through one single tree :) Replacing is not the point, the tree group is an old one (of times before Speed trees) :)

No, it doesnt help me replacing the one tree group asset through one single tree :) Replacing is not the point, the tree group is an old one (of times before Speed trees) :)

You could still get the kuid for the tree group and replace this with a single tree, I would think. What I outlined above does the same for those Speed Tree groups which are hidden from us in Surveyor.

John

Back