re-direct problem

Ghost42

I am trying to use my original database folder 'build abc.....' but each time a new one is formed, resulting in 'enter name and password'.
I am getting frustrated as theree seems to be no way to perform a dbr on the original to recover my work, if that is required.
Has anyone any idea how to do it>

Makes sure everything is closed.

Copy the folder to another location such as another hard driver preferably if you can.

Rename the folder to something else such as old data. The purpose of renaming the old data folder is to make it easy to find.

When you start up, go to Trainz settings.
Click on Install tab.
Click on the ... on the right side.
Browse to your old data folder.
Open it.
Click select folder.

A database-like thing will run and you'll have to restart.

Restart and check your settings again.

If this worked, and it should, you won't need to put in your user name and password since all your old information is still there.

thanks for the info John, I'll do that. It's not so much the work on the route but all the added routes and sessions disappear and take a lot of work to find them again.

It worked initially, all routes showing, then after the reboot all added routes gone. It still shows the correct database in 'install' so I shall make a fresh start.

It worked initially, all routes showing, then after the reboot all added routes gone. It still shows the correct database in 'install' so I shall make a fresh start.

That's good, but I think you should run an EDR. Bring up the developer menu and press CTRL while clicking on repair database. This process should clear things up. Note should, not guaranteed.

The only folder you should move is the build folder. Copy the original build folder to another location and give it a different name like adding 1 to the end of it. Open the trainz settings and install and direct the path to the new folder. Do a DBR to get the new data listed in the new set up. Don't share a build folder with another install. A userdata-redirect-map file must remain in the C drive location it was installed to.

I cleared out 8 build folders in the C drive which gave me enough room to import the working folder, EDR in progress.... Fingers crossed!

Back