Raildriver & Windows 7 don't mix?

Ryaz1990

Is there Raildriver software currently available for Windows 7?:confused:
Nothing happens when I move the RD controls!:'(
Also, the speaker inside the RD doesn't work at the moment when I plug the speaker cable in...

Ryaz1990,

If you have TS2009 with Raildriver installed, then copy
1) 'trainzhid.cfg from 09 route dir to TS2010 route dir.
2) from bin copy trainzHid_7c.dll to TS2010 bin.
3) copy controllers dir and all files tp TS2010

I did this and it works, I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and run in native mode.

Bob:wave:

Last edited:
No no no. There is an easier way and I covered it in the other rail driver thread here. Just go to PI's website and download the driver for 2009 and install it into your trainz folder, 2009 or 2010. It works fine. I'm running 2010 on windows 7 64bit and it works fine. Hope this helps.

There will be no need to move files. Just download, configure and play

-Joe

Last edited:
Sorry Ryaz1990 I didn't see your post on the other thread till just now. Did you already try the method I said? You have to configure the rail driver before running it. Maybe try opening the RD application and reconfiguring. I have had no problem with mine. It runs like it did on xp with 2010.

- Joe

No no no. There is an easier way and I covered it in the other rail driver thread here. Just go to PI's website and download the driver for 2009 and install it into your trainz folder, 2009 or 2010. It works fine. I'm running 2010 on windows 7 64bit and it works fine. Hope this helps.

-Joe
I would like to know what the full name of PI's web sight to down load the driver. I loaded trainz 2009 into windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. program loaded fine but does not load, screen just goes blank.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?
raildrivercabmakererror.jpg

First off, how did you install the drivers, from the site or by relocating files from a previous install of trainz? Second, have you tried uninstalling RD then reinstalling with the drivers from the site? As for the sound issue I don't know. It's just a simple audio jack. Make sure it's plugged into the right outputs and make sure you have your RD power cable plugged in as well. I made that mistake. Didn't even realize you needed the power cable for audio.

-Joe

-Joe

Thanks for the tip, I did it and it works well. Because I was waiting for PI's new driver for ''Win 7 64 bits'' I have not tried my Raildriver since I upgraded to this new OS by october 2009.

Rail4Pete

Not to rain on your parade but I have tried to use RD with Win 7 64-bit. I can calibrate RD with PI's drivers and it responds but when I bring up Trainz 2009 World Builder and select a session, the RD is not recognized by the program. The display stays at rd and no controls function. How did you get it to work?

Respectfully,
Nick

-Joe

Deeper than you think...

:cool: You don't just uninstall RD & reinstall as if nothing ever happened...RD adds entries into the registry...and they stay there.

You have to find the RD entries in the registry & delete them...and only them...actually I changed the TRS2004 & or TRS2006 entries to find the TS2009 Folder in it's installed location.

I installed RD and though my TS folder was in the C:/TS2009 folder, RD found a TRS2006.exe file in my backup folder, that is an external HD...

I had to delete the extra .exe files & reinstall directing RD to the correct folder.

The Cab Maker installation may have not been configured correctly.

-Joe

Joe,
I am going to install TRS2004 in Windows 7 64 bit. I need to get Raildriver to work in Windows 7 for TRS2004. Does PI have a driver for TRS2004 that will work for Windows 7 64 bit?

Can the TRS2004 rail driver files on the PI website be configured to work on Windows 7 64 bit?

Gary

Last edited:
I haven't tried with Windows 7 and Trs2004. My advice would be to just download the driver for 2004 on PI's website and see what happens.

Make sure when downloading the driver for any version of the game, you have a fresh install of Trainz, or have gone through and deleted all the registry files from previous attempts with the RD drivers.

-Joe

Ryaz1990,

If you have TS2009 with Raildriver installed, then copy
1) 'trainzhid.cfg from 09 route dir to TS2010 route dir.
2) from bin copy trainzHid_7c.dll to TS2010 bin.
3) copy controllers dir and all files tp TS2010

I did this and it works, I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and run in native mode.

Bob:wave:

you sir are a legend :cool:

Back